Hermeneia series releases

Aelfwine

I'm considering purchasing the Hermeneia CD-ROM. Before I do, though, I wanted to ask about how new releases in the series will be made available.

For example, if today I buy the current CD-ROM, which includes 43 volumes at $1200, and then, say, three more new volumes are released in the coming year, will a new omnibus CD-ROM be issued containing 46 volumes for the same $1200 price?

Or, will the price for the entire (available) set gradually rise as further volumes are added to it?

If the former, will owners of the 43 volume set be able to obtain the additional volumes for free?

If the latter, will owners be able to obtain the additional volumes for just the price difference between the two CD-ROM releases?

In short, if I buy what is available now, then when the series expands by another N volumes, will I end up paying more for those N volumes than I would if I just waited for them to be added to the omnibus CD-ROM?

I also have the same question about the NIGTC.

Thanks,

Carl

When we release the first part of a text that is already complete or defined, we often do promise that future upgrades are free, or just the cost of the new disk. The same cannot be true of series that are not yet completely written such as Word, NAC, NIGTC, or Hermeneia. The publishers usually set these prices in any case, and they cover the extant or included volumes only. They cannot be a lifetime subscription to all future volumes.

Nor can we guarantee any specific upgrade policy. Our initial contracts with the publishers do not cover future volumes. All we can promise is that we will continue to bend over backwards to get our users a fair price, an add-on price, or an upgrade price.

• 10 months later...

It looks like the Hermeneia series is a sold as an OT/NT set. Can we buy the NT but not the OT? It looks like the answer is "no."

For now we cannot break up the set, but we hope that may become possible down the road.

Archived