NIV module won't update to 2.4

DanG

I've run the "Check for updates," downloaded, installed and restarted several times, but the NIV module won't update from 2.3 to 2.4. Any help?

Also... the "View Other Updates" button shows 16 other modules needing to be updated. Is there a way to download those so I don't have to spend $25 for an 8.4 DVD? Besides the cost, my Accordance disks fill two shoeboxes. I can understand mastering new DVDs for upGRADES, but I would much rather be able to download upDATES.

I'm a little unclear on the policy for upgrades and updates. For instance, I purchased the "NRSV with Strong's Group upgrade from NRSV (NRSVS Group-up)" in May and was able to download it, but to update it appears I now need to purchase the 8.4 DVD.

In the "Accordance Updater: Other Updates" dialog box it has this description when clicking on each of the updates: "Included in the upgrade to your level of Primary 8.4 DVD." While I realize I don't own the 8.4 DVD, I am already using the Primary level of 8.4, so I'm not sure how that's an upgrade. It's an update to that particular module, but not really an upgrade to Primary 8.4.

Am I missing something here or making any sense?

I'm having the same problem with the NIV module.

Mea culpa. I updated the version numbers on the website so that the updates show up for you, but I have not had a chance between ETS/SBL and Thanksgiving to actually upload any updates. Will do so ASAP.

As we did last year, all modules except those that are part of the Scholar's Collection will be able to be updated by download. If we update any scholar's modules before we next release the Primary DVD, we will also post those. There are so many important updates and new releases for scholars that we do prefer them to get a new disk. Also, for the emulator users there is a special DVD which makes it much easier to install and update, compared to the 6 CD set we released last year.

Thanks Helen! My NIV module updated just fine this evening. Thanks for the incredibly quick fix!

As far as the Scholar's Collection updates, I must be dense because I'm not sure I follow your logic for releasing everything but the Scholar's Collection for download. Is it because there are so many more updates for the Scholar's Collection that you prefer to distribute them on disk? Or is there some other reason? Does it cost Accordance less to master & mail disks rather than paying for bandwidth?

Updating modules worked for me now as well. Thanks.

As far as the Scholar's Collection updates, I must be dense because I'm not sure I follow your logic for releasing everything but the Scholar's Collection for download. Is it because there are so many more updates for the Scholar's Collection that you prefer to distribute them on disk? Or is there some other reason? Does it cost Accordance less to master & mail disks rather than paying for bandwidth?

We are in transition, and we do prefer that scholars get the disk so that they have access to the many updates and the latest modules. This is just until we can offer everything as a download securely and without having to create individual installers for each module. Please bear with us for now, or do without the minor updates. We do let you know which ones are major so that you do not miss out on those.

We are in transition, and we do prefer that scholars get the disk so that they have access to the many updates and the latest modules. This is just until we can offer everything as a download securely and without having to create individual installers for each module. Please bear with us for now, or do without the minor updates. We do let you know which ones are major so taht you do not miss out on those.

I'm glad to hear Accordance is moving toward downloadable updates.

One question: how do you notify customers that the updates are major?

I try to list them in the announcement of the new releases. Looks like I failed to do so this time, will add an addendum.

Archived