copy as citation with text formatting

Outis

Hello,

Here's the dilemma: I usually consult a couple of different lexicons as I study the greek and hebrew in preparation for my sermons. If I do this in a sloppy way, I can't quickly figure out which source I got my notes from. So, I was really exited to hear about the 'copy as citation' feature. However, when I copy as a citation from the BDAG or HALOT (for example) all the formatting is lost when I paste it into my user notes. The color of the text is gone. The bolds and italics are gone. Is there a way to keep the formatting of the original text but have the citation as well?

thanks

This is not happening to me. Without Unicode conversion all the styles are preserved. With Unicode conversion the styles may be suppressed if the default font does not support them (Lucida Grande has no italics) but as long as you select a font with all the styles, they should be displayed.

This is not happening to me. Without Unicode conversion all the styles are preserved. With Unicode conversion the styles may be suppressed if the default font does not support them (Lucida Grande has no italics) but as long as you select a font with all the styles, they should be displayed.

Hi, Otis!

Not sure whether you need a fuller explanation or not, but other users might. Check your Accordance preferences for "Greek & Hebrew." See if you have "Export all characters with Unicode format" checked. If you do, that may be the problem. Option 1 is to uncheck that option. From now on, all the text you copy should appear properly when pasted.

Option 2 is to leave it on, but select a different font for your user notes. [i'm not sure what font to recommend. I'll leave it to others more experienced with Unicode than I.] Note that you cannot simply select your quotation after the fact and change fonts. That would change the Hebrew/Greek also. You must change it before the paste.

Hope this helps!

I'm using Myriad Pro for the User Notes font. It has Bold, Semi bold, condensed and Italic. So, it should work. What I did notice is that all the other font options (bold, italic) are listed under Myriad Pro as separate fonts in Accordance. Does that have something to do with it?

When I don't use unicode it looks fine. For all of the other things I use Accordance for I use unicode though. If I have to switch between unicode and 'normal' fonts whenever I do my text studies, I'll probably just keep it in unicode and not make use of the citations.

Thanks for looking into this.

Your problem may be related to the one this user was having:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3163

It is related to the fact that Myriad is a non Apple standard font, and thus keeps track of its Italics and such in a nonstandard way. Brett suggests a fix at the bottom of the page that may work for you, and shouldn't take too long to do.

Your problem may be related to the one this user was having:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3163

It is related to the fact that Myriad is a non Apple standard font, and thus keeps track of its Italics and such in a nonstandard way. Brett suggests a fix at the bottom of the page that may work for you, and shouldn't take too long to do.

Hey Joel,

Now, at least, with the conversation between J. Kang and Brett I know what the problem is. Finding a fix is a little more challenging. Kang's fix wasn't as in-depth as I needed:

"So here's the technical fix: I think that if the standardized "Style Name" or "Full Name" fields in the font's metadata is used, it should work, since the naming conventions in the "FOND Name" field are not consistent. "

I know what metadata is. But how do I change the properties associated with them?

Thanks,

Archived