The Defender's Study Bible

Robert N

The New Defender's Study Bible (copyright 1995, 2006 World Publishing www.worldpublishing.com), is an update of The Defender's Study Bible (copyright 1995 World Publishing). The study notes are those of Henry M. Morris, Ph.D., LL.D., Litt.D. with the help of consultants J. Gordon Henry, Ed.D. and Henry M. Morris III, D. Min. This is my favorite study bible, even before Ryrie and Smith and others. The perspective is no where else to be found in a study bible. Dr. Morris spent his life defending the scriptures and compiled these notes into a study bible in his later years. The only place I have been able to find this work is in the Quickverse Defender's Collection and Quickverse Platinum. Logos also offers at least one of Dr. Morris' books. I am hoping The Defender's Study Bible and all of Dr. Morris' works will become modules for Accordance soon.

Join me by letting Accordance know you would like this module added.

It was this work that caused my purchase of Quickverse and the Collection (it was less expensive to buy the Defender's Collection than the Platinum version). I can't wait until it is available with Accordance!

This resource and the other works of Dr. Morris are already in etext format and I believe World Publishing or ICR (www.ICR.org) would have information on who to talk to about getting the licenses.

Edited by Robert N
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Add my name to the list that would like to see the Defender's Study Bible and related books. Also, I would like to see John MacArthur's John 12-21 book added to the MacArthur set which I purchased along with Accordance 8. Thanks!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I am wondering if Accordance has or will be instituting a means of users prioritizing projects. Some companies allow users to bid on books that they would like to see added. I would like to bid on the following IF it is possible:

The Defenders Study Bible (KJV)

The Complete Works of Dr. Henry Morris

The Word for Today Bible (NKJV)

The Complete Works of Pastor Chuck Smith

The Complete Works of Pastor Greg Laurie

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Any updates on this?

Edited by Robert N

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone from Accordance comment on whether anyone there has looked into this? QuickVerse has this as a module and it is included with their Platinum version. Has Accordance ever contacted the owners of the Defender's Study Bible notes to talk about getting the Defender's Study Bible added to the suite of Accordance modules?

No, sorry. We have so many modules in the pipeline that I don't think that we have even put this on our list. We would need to see a lot more interest in this module before we would even embark on negotiations.

How does the Defender's Study Bible compare to something like the Apologetics Study Bible? They sound like they have the same general focus.

Hello Ed,

You might go to Amazon to look at the reviews and some of the pages to get more familiar with it. The Defender's Study Bible is oriented toward giving an apologetic, but it also is a great study bible in the traditional sense. It is my favorite among those I have (Archaeological, NIV Study Bible, NIV Student Bible, NIV New Study Bible, Apologetics, Ryrie, Life Application, The Word for Today, ESV, Scofield, Thompson, etc..). Dr. Morris has written a number of books as well. Obviously he is a man I respect. I hope this helps.

Robert

• 1 year later...

A friend of my wife recommended The Defender's Study Bible as a daily Bible reading source for 2013. It sounded good, so I immediately came to see if it, or any similar resources are available as Accordance modules.

• Like 1

Would definitely love this. It's my favorite Bible.

• Like 1

Add my name to the list that would like to see the Defender's Study Bible and related books. Also, I would like to see John MacArthur's John 12-21 book added to the MacArthur set which I purchased along with Accordance 8. Thanks!

There is an update to MacArthur available. I can't recall how much it is but it isn't much and it adds some other things too, if I remember correctly

• 5 weeks later...

The Defender's Study Bible has now been updated again... this is the 3rd name change:

The Defender's Study Bible (at least 2 printings)

The New Defender's Study Bible (at least 3 printings)

The Henry Morris Study Bible (just 1 printing I am aware of as I have the first printing)

This Study Bible first came out in 1995 and is now about 18 years old.

It is different than the Apologetics Study Bible in that it is not just an Apologetic, it is more of a study bible that happens to have some apologetics embedded. Here a bit of a comment on it by John MacArthur from the jacket...

"Dr. Morris's clear insight and doctrinal integrity combine to make this one of the most helpful study Bibles available." Both Tim LaHaye and Ken Ham have comments on the jacket as well. This is still my favorite Study Bible, the Ryrie was my prior favorite. I have 3 versions of this and several other study bibles (Archaeological, Ryrie, NIV, ESV, Life Application, NLT, Scofield, Thompson, et. al.). I am hoping that someday Accordance will add this study bible to their resources too.

Accordance hasn't commented on this since May or 2011. The Defenders Study Bible is available on QuickVerse and Wordsearch and a number of Morris' books are available there and on Logos, but I don't believe Accordance has anything of Morris's yet. Hopefully someone with Accordance can comment. My guess is that they are very busy with the Windows version and can't do much as for the present.

Development of the software and development of new modules are different issues. Both teams are very busy indeed, but I will ask our Contracts VP to look into acquiring a license and etext for the Defender's Study Bible.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Here are the Amazon Rankings of the versions of this work ....

Henry Morris Study Bible Rank: 44,607

New Defenders Study Bible Rank: 137,874

Defender's Study Bible Rank: 574,504

Here are some ranking of some more of Dr. Morris' works...

The Genesis Record (commentary) Rank: 68,894

The Genesis Record (commentary) Rank: 249,395 (older version)

The Revelation Record (commentary) Rank: 87,894

The Remarkable Record of Job (commentary) Rank: 77,639

The Remarkable Journey of Jonah (commentary) Rank: 478,816

The Remarkable Wisdom of Solomon (commentary) Rank: 476,173

Science and the Bible Rank: 56,132

Many Infallible Proofs Rank: 104,797

The Bible Has the Answer Rank: 112,848

The Genesis Flood Rank: 220,756

Scientific Creationism Rank: 200,857

The Long War Against God Rank: 286,346

Men of Science, Men of God Rank: 301,194

The Beginning of the World: A Scientific Study of Genesis 1-11 Rank: 380,932

The Creation and the Second Coming Rank: 385,964

Biblical Creationism Rank: 443,874

What is Creation Science Rank: 474,018

God and the Nations Rank: 508,443

The Biblical Basis for Modern Science Rank: 512,362

Treasures in the Psalms Rank: 534,166

Defending the Faith Rank: 605,562

For Time and Forever Rank: 631,726

The God Who Is Real Rank: 712,973

Christian Education for the Real World Rank: 771,453

Days to Remember Rank: 818,696

After Eden, Understanding Creation, the Curse, and the Cross Rank: 1,868,002

Explore the Word Rank: 2,783,754

Baptism, How Important Is It? Rank: 3,622,359

The Origin of the earth and Its' People (Adult Student) Rank: 3,476,806

The God Who Is Real: A Creationist Approach to Evangelism and Missions Rank: 4,514,573

Again Logos has the following works of Morris...

The Genesis Record

The Revelation Record

And QuickVerse/WordSearch has the following 14 works of Morris....

The Defenders Study Bible

The Genesis Record

The Revelation Record

The Remarkable Wisdom of Solomon

Science and the Bible

Creation and the Second Coming

Days to Remember

Defending the Faith

For Time and Forever

Many Infallible Proofs

The Bible Has the Answer

The Genesis Flood

Scientific Creationism

The Biblical Basis for Modern Science

Finally... Best Commentaries also lists Morris' The Genesis Record.

The bottom line is that it would be nice if Accordance could add Morris' Study Bible and commentaries on at least Genesis and Revelation. I know that there is a lot going on. I am still hoping for some of Morris' works on Accordance some day. :)

• 1 month later...

Wow! Who knew so much was available in other Bible software. I would love to see some young earth creation material modules for Accordance! Are there any at all at this point? Do any of the commentaries available in Accordance have a young earth perspective?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Its been a while so I thought I would update the rankings data on The Henry Morris Study Bible.

Amazon Ranking as of Dec 1, 2013 is now up to 29,720 from May 18, 2013's 44,607.

Remember to that this book is also sold by CBD and Barnes & Noble and Answers in Genesis and ICR as well as others.

I am hoping that Accordance can get some of the excellent works being produced by AIG and ICR especially this one...

Coming to Grips with Genesis (ISBN13: 978-0-89051-548-8, 6th printing) edited by Terry Mortenson, Ph.D. and Thane H. Ury, Ph.D. and 16 contributors with 1 M.A. 1 M.L.S., 2 M.S.s, 12 M.Div.s, 7 Th.M.s, 6 TH.D.s, 7 Ph.D.s, and 1 D.Litt., 1 D.D. among them. I read it this past summer and they do an excellent job covering Genesis 1-11. This book thoroughly covers the issues and has excellent footnotes and references.

Accordance… are there any updates on the status of getting some of Morris' works like the Study Bible and Commentaries as well as some of those offered by Answers in Genesis and ICR?

Edited by Robert N

• 11 months later...

It has been several years since I have requested this resource and others by Dr. Henry Morris. I am just wondering what the status is.

• 1 year later...

Has Accordance been able to obtain a license and etext for this study Bible? There seems to be a lot of interest for it.

• 7 years later...

Reviving this thread to see interest.