Triple Click Hebrew

rcdeacon

Why is it when I triple click on an Old Testament word and the Hebrew Keys come up I cannot read the definitions. It displays words that are unintelligible to me. The Greek works fine. When I triple click on a New Testament word it displays the Greek number, word and definition in English but NOT when I do the same in Hebrew! I suspect I have a setting incorrect but the few changes I have made have had no affect thus far. I did do a forum search and unfortunately I did not find anyone with the same problem. Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.

Why is it when I triple click on an Old Testament word and the Hebrew Keys come up I cannot read the definitions. It displays words that are unintelligible to me. The Greek works fine. When I triple click on a New Testament word it displays the Greek number, word and definition in English but NOT when I do the same in Hebrew! I suspect I have a setting incorrect but the few changes I have made have had no affect thus far. I did do a forum search and unfortunately I did not find anyone with the same problem. Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.

Bob

How do you have your Hebrew resources arranged in the Library window (Cmd-Opt-1)? From your description, it appears that you have HALOT at the top of the list. You need to move your favorite Hebrew resource to the top and Update.

Bob

How do you have your Hebrew resources arranged in the Library window (Cmd-Opt-1)? From your description, it appears that you have HALOT at the top of the list. You need to move your favorite Hebrew resource to the top and Update.

I actually tried to rearrange my resources in the Library window but that did not seem to work. I moved "Hebrews Strong's to the top spot but it still comes up with "Hebrew Keys". I'm convinced that this is something very simple but apparently too complex for my mind!

The triple-click on key number texts all go to predefined dictionaries and are not affected by the order of the resources in menus. I suspect your problem is the "usual" issue with the fonts, which in your case is affecting only the Yehudit font. Here is our standard reply:

Please first run the latest upgrade to version 6, 7, or 8, and if that does not help, run the Font Fixer utility on the same page.

For more information, download the new Fonts.PDF:

and follow the instructions.

The triple-click on key number texts all go to predefined dictionaries and are not affected by the order of the resources in menus. I suspect your problem is the "usual" issue with the fonts, which in your case is affecting only the Yehudit font. Here is our standard reply:

Thank you very much Helen. I'll give it a whirl and post back with any problems.

That fixed it! Thanks again!

Archived