Bible text turns red...?

Thurgauer

When I do a word search in a Bible text, then return to the full text, the whole thing turns to bold red text. How does one prevent/correct that?

Never mind. I answered my own question: As long as the search method remains "Words" instead of "Verses," the "*" turns all the "words" red, but if I switch it back to "Verses" the "*" brings back the whole text in black again. (Sorry, Mods, I'm a brand new user; feel free to delete this thread if you like.)

Make sure you're not looking at a passage which is formatted red because it is the words of Jesus and bold because it is a quotation from the Old Testament. Some Bibles use that formatting and it can be confusing when search hits are formatted as red and bold (the Accordance defaults).

The way to avoid this confusion is to choose Set Text Display in the Display menu, then either:

1. Suppress the red lettering of the translation, or

2. Change the search hit highlighting to a different color or style.

I hope this helps.

Ah, that makes sense. Yes, when you use an asterisk wildcard in Word mode Accordance essentially searches for every word. Why in the world would you want to do that? Because you can then click the Details button to get all kinds of statistical information about the words in a text.

By the way, if you want to return to viewing the entire text in Verse mode quickly, just double-click the Verses button.

Hope this helps.

...you can then click the Details button to get all kinds of statistical information about the words in a text.

...to return to viewing the entire text in Verse mode quickly, just double-click the Verses button.

Two very handy tips

Archived