text search in Goto box doesn't work

countach

I'm always getting hit by this. I know you're not supposed to do text searches from the Goto box, but I can't seem to help it after years of use. (I like the bibleworks theory of having just one entry box, but there you go).

Anyway, when you enter a word in the goto box and press enter, Accordance prompts you if you want to "Do Word Search" instead. Sounds good, so you click "Do Word Search", but instead of searching for the word you entered, it invariably searches on "*", leading to the entire bible getting colored red.

Curious...

I had never thought of trying to type a word in the "Go To" box. Accordance does offer to do a word search, so long as the word isn't the name of a book [in which case its behavior is even stranger!]. What you describe only seems to happen when the Search Entry Box is set on "Verses." If it is set to "Words," it just says it can't find a book by that name.

I suspect you have found a bug. While you are waiting for an official confirmation of that [from one of our programmers], remember that pressing the TAB key will toggle between the "Go To" and the "Search Entry" boxes. You need not lift your fingers from the keyboard to do that, so it might make changing behaviors a bit easier.

Archived