Search Highlighting

Anon

In the preferences dialogue under Text Display, the Search Highlighting parameters are not visually affecting the font in all aspects. Some adaptations are effective; for example, I can change the color of my results. I can underline my results. Bold and Italics however are inoperative. These two selections are not visually affecting my result hits.

Which font(s) are you using? Lucida Grande, for example, does not have italics.

I am using Garamond, which I thought supported Bold and Italics, but evidently does not. Issue resolved.

If this is the Garamond that Microsoft supplied with Office 2004 (not sure if it's there in 2008), then Bold or Italic alone should work, but not together because that Garamond font suitcase does not include a combined "Bold Italic" face!

See this thread for more on font face quirks.

If this is the Garamond that Microsoft supplied with Office 2004 (not sure if it's there in 2008), then Bold or Italic alone should work, but not together because that Garamond font suitcase does not include a combined "Bold Italic" face!

See this thread for more on font face quirks.

Hey J.P.

Thanks for the info. I did not look into the source of the font. I have installed '04 and '08 Mac Office products on my machine. I found a suitable default replacement with Adobe Caslon Pro, still pleasant to read and supports bold and italic.

Archived