text not available in 8.4.3

Craig

I just updated to 8.4.3 on my powerPC iMac, and when I start up Accordance it gives me a message, "The text 'ESV' is not currently available to Accordance." ESV is my default text. When I open the workspace it is blank, but if I go over to the pallette and choose ESVS under texts it loads it into my workspace. Still gives me the same message when I quit Accordance and reopen it.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you have removed the ESV text in favor of the ESVS. However, your defaults somewhere are still set to ESV. The first place to clean up is the Preferences. Look in the Search window, the Tool display, and each Parallel preferences, and reset the texts that are showing in the text pop-ups. It's not enough to look at them and verify that they don't show the ESV, since if you have removed ESV from the Library window, it won't show in the pop-ups but they still need to be reset.

If you still get the message after setting the preferences, you may have saved sessions or windows which are calling for the ESV, possibly as the hytertext text in Set Tool Display, so you will need to reset it in those windows.

I hope this helps, sorry it's so complicated, but it's all due to the flexibility with which Accordance lets you save different settings for each text and tool and each window.

Thanks, that seems to have solved that problem. I have only had Accordance for two days, so I am still figuring things out. The forum is very helpful. I found the answer I needed here on Tuesday as well. Thanks!

I seem to be having other problems/compatibility issues with Accordance. Mac is running extremely slow since installing, widget doesn't respond. Are there known compatibility issues with Accordance? I am on OS 10.5.8 on a powerPC G5.

Please be sure you have updated to 8.4.3, and try restarting the Mac afterwards. If that doesn't help, contact our tech support directly so we can look at the activity monitor and see what is happening.

I went to the Activity Monitor and found a dashboardclient that was not responding and using over 800 mb of memory. I quit the process, computer went back to proper speed, and dashboard widget now works. What a great app! Thanks.

Archived