Preparing for making the iPad the Ultimate Study Companion

Bodie Quirk

One of the kids in my Greek class (I'm the only old lady in the class) has one pre-ordered. I'm trying not to be envious!

I've heard rumors Apple may really push this product in the university market as a replacement for textbooks. Sure makes sense to me! I hated carrying around those heavy textbooks

I've heard rumors Apple may really push this product in the university market as a replacement for textbooks.

There's also significant movement from publishers to move textbooks to electronic formats. See "Texbook Publishers Heading to iPad."

There's also significant movement from publishers to move textbooks to electronic formats. See "Texbook Publishers Heading to iPad."

Thanks for the link, Rick!

I think everyone in the publishing field recognizes that textbooks are simply too expensive. While publishers LOVE new editions (they make money!), bookstores, professors and students hate them (they lose money). E-texts simple make more sense, as they can be updated incrementally. If publishers can avoid the whole paper printing cycle, they can cut down on costs

First, of course, Accordance has to have an insanely great iPad App. I have no doubt they have the ability to put one together. Do you know something we all don't, Dr J?

Archived