User Notes from Emulator to OS X Tiger
Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:57 PM
Pastor-teacher, Community Bible Church
Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:03 PM
I think that is going to be very difficult! I do not think that from the emulator you can transfer the file directly to any Mac compatible media, and of course Windoze will corrupt the file.
If you can get a copy of DropStuff for Mac OS 7 into the emulator, you can use that to compress the file to a .sit which can then be transferred to your Mac and unstuffed there. DropStuff was not free, unlike Stuffit Expander, but maybe someone can supply it to you.
Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:34 PM
1. Download Zipit from this URL: http://www.maczipit.com/download.html
It's free and works with system 7 and 8.
2. Use it to zip your user notes file.
3. Once the User notes file is zipped, you can move it to your Windows directory and, from there, you can move it to your Mac.
(Note: this next step was necessary for me, but might not be for you... it was the only way I could get the note file to be read)
4. Create a User Note in Accordance on your Mac with the same name as the User Note you've moved from your PC.
5. Exit Accordance
6. Unzip the User Note file from your PC and replace the note you just created in step 4 with your unzipped note from the PC.
7. Open Accordance and open the User Note. It should open just fine.
Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:04 PM
Thank you, but the latter steps are not necessary. You can simply use Accordance to find and open the transferred User Notes and they will be added to the pop-up menu.
Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:38 PM
Thanks again! That is really quite helpful.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users