Inverse Colors

Morgan

Hi Guys,

I'm still pretty new here, and I'm wondering if there is a way to change the font color and background in the Instant Details box. I really prefer to have a dark background with white text in my modules, but when I set this feature to default it makes the Instant details box useless because the text is white on white.

Any ideas?

Hi Morgan,

Welcome to the Accordance forums!

I don't think I'm understanding you because I'm not getting the behavior you are describing. Setting the "Contents" text of a text window to white (either using the "Set Text Display

There is no way to set the background on the Instant Details, but I thought I could set the color of the text displayed as hypertext links, or when other modules are displayed with command-cursor over a word. However, even setting these as defaults does not affect the text in the Instant Details, in 8.4 anyway.

The text in the Instant Details Box seems to be restricted to either white or black, with no way to change the background.

Try "tricking" it by choosing something like a dark Navy for your tool/text background, then selecting a very light color (like Mercury) for the text instead of white. The ID box should then display black text on a white background. You can then set it to fade when it is not in use.

Well - I did several tests and it looks like whatever I did to mess up the ID box is not happening now. Last night I was working in Grudem's ST in a detached tab and decided I'd try a black background with white text. When I did this, it made all text in the ID box invisible. I changed it back to normal, and the ID box worked fine. I have this tab saved in the Accordance files to pull it up easily. I just tried opening a new window w/ Grudem and changed the colors and the ID box works perfectly fine. However, when I open up the saved window with Grudem and change the background/text colors, the text in the ID box is invisible again... I don't know what's wrong with that saved window, but I've deleted it and am not going to worry about it.

Thanks to all of you so much for your input, I can't tell you how thankful I am for these forums and the ability to get fast answers to anything I don't understand. I've only been using the program for about a month and between the free tutorials and the forums, I feel more confident using Accordance than I did using other software for 3-4 years. This program is such a blessing.

Dr. Jenney - your podcast on the Essential IVP collection made at least one more sale... I think my copy is coming in the mail this week!

Morgan

You are so welcome, Morgan!

I hope you will enjoy the IVP resources as much as I do. :)

Archived