Arranging within a Reference List?

circuitrider

Is it possible to arrange the scriptures that have been placed in a reference list? At this point they arrange themselves in the order that they appear in the Bible. Am I overlooking something?

Thanks

Verses in a reference list are, I'm afraid, always arranged in canonical order, although you can rearrange them somewhat by changing which Bible's order the verses follow. For example, choosing LXX1 in the Text order pop-up will rearrange some of the verses. I suspect, however, you're wanting complete control over the order. Sorry.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been employing the Reference List feature quite a bit lately, and I really like it. Being able to arrange the references would be a great feature add for the Reference List.

If it is not possible for Accordance to accommodate a drag and drop type of feature, I wonder if it would be possible to assign a hierarchical tag of some type and then allow Accordance to sort them. Kind of like you do in a User Tool. Just a thought.

Thanks again.

Circuitrider

Remember that in a Search window references are displayed in the order that they appear in the entry box, so you can copy your references and rearrange them there and save the window.

Remember that in a Search window references are displayed in the order that they appear in the entry box, so you can copy your references and rearrange them there and save the window.

That will do the trick!

Occasionally, I have been using the Reference List to print out the scriptures that I will be using in a sermon. At times an 8:00 AM (two hours before service) inspiration hits me and I end up with handwritten notes with only scriptural references. Being able to print out those scriptures and use them side by side with my notes has been a HUGE blessing.

Thanks a bunch!

Archived