Construct search question

ryangeer

I am trying to find instances similar to Habakkuk 1.5 where several imperatives are piled up one after another. When I do the following search, I get four hits - none of which are Hab. 1.5 which (I believe) clearly matches the criteria...

Can anyone point me to my error?

(I've included a picture of my simple search)

post-27909-126756715193_thumb.png

I am trying to find instances similar to Habakkuk 1.5 where several imperatives are piled up one after another. When I do the following search, I get four hits - none of which are Hab. 1.5 which (I believe) clearly matches the criteria...

Can anyone point me to my error?

(I've included a picture of my simple search)

You need to allow for a greater separation between the imperatives. For example, there are actually three words between the first two. Also the second two are divided by one word. Your search looks for the last three imperatives being immediately contiguous which is not the case in Hab 1:5.

You need to allow for a greater separation between the imperatives. For example, there are actually three words between the first two. Also the second two are divided by one word. Your search looks for the last three imperatives being immediately contiguous which is not the case in Hab 1:5.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Try this instead (based on David Lang's recent blog posts on searching for word clusters):

post-29437-127233873882_thumb.png

Archived