This conference will be an opportunity to meet and learn more about Accordance from fellow Accordance users. Although OakTree Software staff will be present, this conference will mainly be presented by you, our users of Accordance. This conference will be oriented both to beginning and experienced users of Accordance and to scholars and non-scholars alike. Even if you do not currently use Accordance, this conference will help you decide whether to get Accordance.
As our keynote speaker at the conference, we are pleased to host Dr. Martin Abegg, one of the leading scholars of Qumran and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Dr. Abegg is an active Accordance user and developer of all of the Qumran and Dead Sea Scroll modules used in Accordance. He will give a presentation on the relationship of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Bible, and will be present during the entire conference for anyone who would like to meet with him.
Since this is a Users Conference, we are now asking for your assistance. Experienced Accordance users are invited to give a presentation of any aspect of using Accordance, along with a question and answer time. Experienced Accordance users are also invited to lead a hands-on workshop that will focus on helping people to use Accordance more effectively. We plan to offer dual tracks in order to accommodate a wide variety of topics. If you would like to assist us in this way, please send us a proposal with a title and short abstract of what you would like to present. All proposals for presentations or workshops should be submitted by April 30, 2010, and are subject to approval by OakTree Software. If your proposal is accepted, we will waive the conference admission fee shown below.
The following is a suggested list of topics that we hope will be offered at this conference, but we are open to other suggestions.
- Interface philosophy of Accordance
- Getting started with Accordance
- How to use Accordance for preparing for teaching or for seminary papers.
- How to use Accordance directly as a teaching aid in a classroom or church meeting.
- How to prepare a Bible Study with Accordance
- How to use tools more effectively on Accordance.
- How to use Accordance to answer "tough" or controversial questions on the Bible.
- How to do original language study on Accordance.
- Advanced features of Accordance (not original language).
- How to integrate Accordance with other Mac applications, especially related to presentation, word processors, or export in general.
- Special tips for new Mac users or users who have used other Bible software who are transitioning to Accordance.
The cost of the conference will be $70 for all who preregister by August 31, 2010. Those who are full time students in seminary or in a university can register for only $35, After August 31 the registration fee will be $100, or $50 for students. This fee will include admission to all sessions and refreshments during the conference. This fee does not include meals, hotels, or transportation, but we will try to assist in these arrangements. (In case of cancellation by Sept.17th, a credit towards future purchases of Accordance modules will be offered, less $10 to cover administrative expenses.)
We look forward to seeing many of you in Dallas in September!
Edited by Helen Brown, 07 June 2010 - 03:13 PM.
added limit of cancellation date