8.4.4 via Check For Updates

Fr. Rich

There seems to be a problem with the installer. I have done the download and install four times and still my version is 8.4.3. And of course, each time I check for updates, the installer gives me the 8.4.4 update because it is still not installed on my computer.

OK. For me at least, using the check for updates feature in Accordance did not work. I tried it four times, no success even though it said that everything went well. So, I went to the downloads page and downloaded 8.4.4dmg from there. Using that, 8.4.4 installed just fine and everything is working as advertised.

"If it's not one thing, it's another." (Roseann Rosanna Danna)

Recall that the Check for Updates doesn't actually run the installer for you; it simply downloads it and puts it on your desktop. After doing the Check For Updates, did you get a message saying to Quit Accordance and run the installer? Did you even get an installer on the desktop? And has it ever worked for you in the past?

Check for updates has always worked in the past. For 8.4.4, it downloaded and then said to click install to finish. There was nothing on my desktop and there was no message to quit Accordance. I dutifully clicked install. It appeared to be installing and at the end the message was that all updates had been successfully installed.

Clearly, all updates had not been successfully installed because when I ran check for updates again after closing and re-opening Accordance, it presented me with the same update file.

Only when I stopped using check for updates and went to the downloads page was I able to successfully install 8.4.4.

Check for updates has always worked in the past. For 8.4.4, it downloaded and then said to click install to finish. There was nothing on my desktop and there was no message to quit Accordance. I dutifully clicked install. It appeared to be installing and at the end the message was that all updates had been successfully installed.

Clearly, all updates had not been successfully installed because when I ran check for updates again after closing and re-opening Accordance, it presented me with the same update file.

Only when I stopped using check for updates and went to the downloads page was I able to successfully install 8.4.4.

I had the same issue. The only difference was I had to download the installer twice as it only downloaded 12+ megs the first time. Though, that could have been an internet issue on my end.

I also am having same problems with this install, Very Rare as all updates have been great, I have done all the same as the rest Tried update thru application, tried update from downloaded .dmg and still no update.

Please Advise

In Christ

JB

I cannot advise with so little information. What exactly happens when you use either method? There is no difference between this installer and earlier ones, so we have no idea why some people are havimg problems.

I cannot advise with so little information. What exactly happens when you use either method? There is no difference between this installer and earlier ones, so we have no idea why some people are havimg problems.

Helen,

What happened with me is this:

I used the Check for Updates in Accordance. It said I needed to upgrade to Accordance 8.4.4, as I had Accordance 8.4.3. I clicked Download and it downloaded. I then clicked on Install and it purportedly installed, and restarted.

I then went to About Accordance and it said I still had 8.4.3. I repeated the process with the same results.

I then went to Accordance's website and downloaded the installer for 8.4.4. The file was not recognized. I checked the size of the dmg file and it was only 12 or so megs. I then realized that the entire file did not download.

I then went back to the website and re-downloaded the file and this time it worked like a charm.

I have OS X version 10.6.2, I use Firefox version 3.6.

I hope this helps.

Installers have a conflict with SpellCatcher. Please turn that off, if you use it. If that doesn't help, try running a different installer to see if that will work.

Installers have a conflict with SpellCatcher. Please turn that off, if you use it. If that doesn't help, try running a different installer to see if that will work.

That was it, all is good

Archived