Accordance 8.4.4 won't start consistently

tlw5560

Hi, I installed the update on my iMac G5 (10.5.8) and it worked fine initially, but now about half the time it won't load. It looks like it tries and then blinks off (how's that for some technical terminology?). I checked the fonts and did not have any conflicts. Any clues?

Thanks

This is a strange problem. What are your startup prefererces (In Preferences: General)? What happens if you change them?

Here is the "grab" of my General Preferences. I had to reboot to get Acc to load. Preferences General.tiff

This is a strange problem. What are your startup prefererces (In Preferences: General)? What happens if you change them?

What happens if you remove the Startup session file from your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences?

I moved by Startup Session file to the desktop and started Acc--the program opened the Library window (I don't keep the Resource Palette open) and the menu bar. No workspace window opened. It seems to be working today although I have been out of the study for much of the day.

What happens if you remove the Startup session file from your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences?

• 3 weeks later...

I've upgraded to both 8.4.5 & 8.4.6 and still have the same problem. Accordance will crash without warning and won't launch again unless I reboot the system. I've never had it crash before 8.4. Any clues?

I moved by Startup Session file to the desktop and started Acc--the program opened the Library window (I don't keep the Resource Palette open) and the menu bar. No workspace window opened. It seems to be working today although I have been out of the study for much of the day.

Please email me the crash report. We may need to screenshare to see what is happening, but let's start with the crash report from the Console.

Archived