Where'd my BHS go?

kdrussaw

This afternoon I installed my new, Die Mac Studienbibel. I am able to find things like my BHS Apparatus (wish it was housed in the general Hebrew Tools sections, but oh well ...), NA27, NA27 apparatus et al, but am having trouble w my 'original' BHS. I can no longer find the simply BHS I started out with. Although labelled as BHS-W4, this Hebrew BIble is identical to the new, BHS-GBS. I really like my 'regular' BHS and would like/thought I was purchasing an additional version - not a replacement version. Can you please help? Thank you.

The BHS-W4 is not identical to the BHS-GBS. The former has grammatical tagging. The latter has the sigla in the text which mark the word to which the apparatus refers. The apparatus modules are reference tools so that they scroll in synch with the text. This is why they don't belong in with the language tools.

I don't know why you would have "lost" the BHS-W4. Is it is the Library window, but refuses to open, or has it disappeared from the Library? Have you restarted the Mac -- always a first step if you have problems after any installation.

The BHS-W4 is not identical to the BHS-GBS. The former has grammatical tagging. The latter has the sigla in the text which mark the word to which the apparatus refers. The apparatus modules are reference tools so that they scroll in synch with the text. This is why they don't belong in with the language tools.

I don't know why you would have "lost" the BHS-W4. Is it is the Library window, but refuses to open, or has it disappeared from the Library? Have you restarted the Mac -- always a first step if you have problems after any installation.

Thank you for responding, Helen. I've taken a screen shot of the two Hebrew Bibles. They are identical. Is there some special setting I need to use to get back the version of my BHS W4 that I have before I installed the Die Studindbibel module? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I just installed Die Mac Studienbibel and am having a somewhat similar problem. I am running Accordance 8.4.6. After installing Studienbibel all of my BHS and GNT modules are completely unreadable.

I just installed Die Mac Studienbibel and am having a somewhat similar problem. I am running Accordance 8.4.6. After installing Studienbibel all of my BHS and GNT modules are completely unreadable.

Never mind. I found the font fixer on the Accordance website. I ran it and all's well with my BHS and GNT fonts again.

Archived