SBL

Dr. Nathan Parker

I heard SBL is going to be in Atlanta this year, and I was wondering who all is going to it (both Accordance staff and users). Now that I'm two hours away from ATL, I was wondering if I should go to it. What all would I benefit by going? It would be neat to meet some of the Accordance staff and any Accordance users going.

I heard SBL is going to be in Atlanta this year, and I was wondering who all is going to it (both Accordance staff and users). Now that I'm two hours away from ATL, I was wondering if I should go to it. What all would I benefit by going? It would be neat to meet some of the Accordance staff and any Accordance users going.

Hi, Nathan!

We always have a booth with very good representation at both SBL and ETS (which precedes it). I'll be there, as will many of the other Accordance staff. We always announce new products during the week, offer special discounts, do many personal demos, and try to have an all-day training seminar. SBL can get very busy, but ETS is a really good time to look through various modules for yourself. You'll also have a chance to hook up with other Accordance users, including a number of top-notch scholars who usually take time to wander by the booth just to say, "Hello."

Hope to see you there!

Hi, Nathan!

We always have a booth with very good representation at both SBL and ETS (which precedes it). I'll be there, as will many of the other Accordance staff. We always announce new products during the week, offer special discounts, do many personal demos, and try to have an all-day training seminar. SBL can get very busy, but ETS is a really good time to look through various modules for yourself. You'll also have a chance to hook up with other Accordance users, including a number of top-notch scholars who usually take time to wander by the booth just to say, "Hello."

Hope to see you there!

Hello!

Nice to know! Is there anything I have to do (register) to addend SBL and ETS? Is there any info you could give me on that?

It sounds really great, and I'm considering attending. I'd like to see your latest updates, meet some of the staff and fellow users, and see some of your demos. If you do a training seminar there, I might go ahead and cancel the April seminar I was planning on attending and simply go to your seminar there so I can do it all at once. If you could, tell me a little more about how I could attend, and I'll seriously consider attending. Maybe I could even tie it into a WeatherBug Video Report and feature you all on WeatherBug during a live video. :-)

Thanks again!

At the bottom of the Seminars & Shows page there are links to the websites of each conference we exhibit at. ETS and SBL are both scholarly conferences which are quite expensive to attend. The exhibit halls are open only to registered attendees with badges.

We do plan to hold a training seminar on the Friday which is open to anyone, and free as most of our seminars are. But why wait another 7 months to learn about Accordance, if you are close enough to attend the Emory session next month?

At the bottom of the Seminars & Shows page there are links to the websites of each conference we exhibit at. ETS and SBL are both scholarly conferences which are quite expensive to attend. The exhibit halls are open only to registered attendees with badges.

We do plan to hold a training seminar on the Friday which is open to anyone, and free as most of our seminars are. But why wait another 7 months to learn about Accordance, if you are close enough to attend the Emory session next month?

Whew! Those are a bit pricey since I'm a nonmember! But maybe I'll do it anyway. I'll ponder that and see.

I went ahead and registered for the conference at Emory since that might be the better one to go to. If for some reason I can't attend now, I'll cancel it and see if I can go to SBL. I'd like to go to one of the seminars, and this one would be sooner and cheaper, plus I could spend more time doing things at SBL since I already attended the seminar.

Good information and gives me plenty to ponder and think about!

Thanks again!

Nathan

Archived