Search User Notes

Outis

Hello,

I make use of the 'search all' function quite a bit. But there was one part of the Accordance stuff which it didn't search--the user notes. is there a way to search user notes the same way one searches through user tools and modules?

thanks,

If you open a User Notes file from the resource palette (in other words, not in parallel with a text), you can search that notes file as you would any tool. As far as I can tell, however, you cannot add User Notes to a search group in order to search all of your User Notes files at the same time or along with other modules. You can add User Tools to a search group.

Hope this helps!

Hmmm. thanks for the tip. It works. It looks like it pretty limited search ability though (Only reference and content).

I guess there'll be no searching for greek and hebrew stuff.

Well, it's better than what I was able to search before I asked the question (i.e. nuthin)

thanks again,

You can search the contents for Greek and Hebrew by entering the string of characters, it ignores the language in this search.

Where do I get the string of characters from (greek or hebrew)?

You can copy the word in Greek or Hebrew and past it into the search entry box, or type it in. It will appear in English characters. The problem is that you must include the accents or other marks if they are there in the text you want to find, since this is always an exact search. To find αγαπαω type agapaw, to find ‏אהבה type ahbh.

Ahhh, ok, I get it. You copy text from another window into the search field.

While I have your attention, Helen, could I add this as a feature request?

To be specific, what would be nice is to have the user notes added to the rest of stuff that can be searched by a "search all". Likewise, if one would like to search the notes individually, to have all the fields would be a nice addition.

Thanks for answering my question. And thanks for listening to my feature request.

Archived