iPad

Jeremy Horneck

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Falling

• R. Mansfield

• Robb B

• Helen Brown

How about "No, because I'm not buying an iPad." But I would love an app for my iPhone!

I would be willing to pay for an app that allowed me access to resources I have already purchased from accordance.

Mike

I would buy this as long as I did not need to repurchase modules that I already have. If they could not be distributed across devices, I would just be patient and wait to get back to my lap top. I would not be willing to rebuy modules that I already own; I don't even think that would be good stewardship. I would be willing to buy a new architecture to synchronize the library I already have.

I haven't order an iPad. Yet. But knowing there was a Accordance app for it would probably accelerate my purchase.

Yes, I would be willing to purchase an app for my ipad (if and when I should get one), but only if it let me use the modules and bibles I already have on my computer. I would not be interested if it meant having to purchase bibles twice because of copyright laws.

We certainly plan that people will be able to use Bibles and other modules that they purchase in Accordance, on the iPod/iPhone/iPad without having to pay again for the content they own.

We certainly plan that people will be able to use Bibles and other modules that they purchase in Accordance, on the iPod/iPhone/iPad without having to pay again for the content they own.

Knowing you wouldn't have to pay extra for your bible modules on ipad, I would most definitely purchase the ipad app!! Now if only I could pay the difference between the two and graft my Oiive Tree software into the Oak Tree Accordance Program, I'd be all set! :D

I purchased a new iPad (32GB) this morning for my wife. I had not planned on buying the iPad the day it came out, but my wife fell in love with it immediately. Though the iPad will never take the place of my office iMacs or MacBook Pro, I can definitely see that it is an awesome machine.

The only reason I did not purchase an iPad for myself is Accordance! Once I can get my Accordance modules to work on an iPad I imagine my MacBook Pro will start collecting dust.

I also was not planning on buying an iPad on day one, but received one as a birthday present. Needless to say, I truly hope an Accordance app for the iPad finds its way into my hands soon!

I echo the sentiments of many. I did not buy an iPad.

However, if an iPad Accordance app were available, not only would I pay for the app (assuming I could use my existing modules) I would run out and buy the iPad!

Ah, the power you wield, Accordance. Apple should pay you to design the app! :)

How about "No, because I'm not buying an iPad." But I would love an app for my iPhone!

I might buy iPad later, but I'm really interested in Accordance for my iPhone ... and

I would be willing to pay for an app that allowed me access to resources I have already purchased from accordance.

... as long as I get access to modules I've bought in Accordance, I don't mind paying for the app.

--

flips :)

I'd be glad to pay for the app, especially if I can use my versions, references and unlocks I've already paid for. I'm waiting for the 3G model before buying an iPad.

I'd be glad to pay for the app, especially if I can use my versions, references and unlocks I've already paid for. I'm waiting for the 3G model before buying an iPad.

As of yet, I haven't been able to free up the cash for an iPad. However, I think I'm going to avoid the 3G version. I've found the GPS on my iPhone REALLY drains the battery, no don't want it on my iPad. Besides, I think I'd like to have a choice of carriers for my iPad. I'm thinking that I'll buy Verizon's MiFi instead. [Other carriers are now offering similar devices.] It's ability to connect any WiFi device to the internet is much more versatile, especially since I can connect the whole family and my laptop thorough it while on the road.

This is great news; once the app becomes available, I will purchase an iPad. Right now, I have been limited to Olive Tree (on my iPod Touch and Blackberry) - but to be able to access all my modules through accordance would be a dream come true. That alone is reason enough to compel me to purchase an iPad (and give my iPod Touch to my wife and consider tossing my Blackberry for an iPhone). Looks like I better set aside some money for an iPad now.

Hey

Hey

Dr. J

• Like 1

I would quite happily pay for this app. I think some kind of sync option would be great, by that I mean that I choose which of my modules goes to my iPad, for instance I would definitally want the bible knowledge commentary, however translation notes and some other stuff I would just leave on my mac. For those who buy the 16GB version (which will be me) space has to be a consideration.

My wife and I both own apple computers and iphones. We would be very interested in purchasing iPads if there was an Accordance App, especially since we wouldn't have to purchase the materials again. Thank you Helen.

Edited by Paul Potash

For me an important point would be the ability to store texts on the iPad/iPhone, and not require online connection to use the app

For me an important point would be the ability to store texts on the iPad/iPhone, and not require online connection to use the app

Yes, that is what we are planning to do, the modules will be loaded onto the iPad/iPhone/iPod and Wifi or internet acess will not be required thereafter in order to run the program.

I also agree. After playing around with an iPad today and trying out the Logos software, I am definitely looking forward to Accordance on the iPad. In fact, I don't think I'll get an iPad until Accordance is available, since the media consumption aspects of the iPad are not that high on my list of priorities. Having Accordance in a more mobile fashion would be nice, especially when I'm teaching.

I'll definitely be checking for news on this front.

Yes, that is what we are planning to do, the modules will be loaded onto the iPad/iPhone/iPod and Wifi or internet acess will not be required thereafter in order to run the program.

Helen,

Every time you post something in this thread I get giddier and giddier.

The Accordance team's thoughtfulness and thoroughness never ceases to amaze me. It is why I thank God for you guys, and tell all my friends that need a Bible program about you!