iPad

Jeremy Horneck

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear God,

Please hear my humble petitions to thee this day:

1- Please help the Accordance developers get done with the iPad/iPhone version very, very quickly.

or

2- Help me have greater patience while you grant them grace to complete the project in due time.

However, Lord, I do prefer #1 over # 2

Amen

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Falling

• R. Mansfield

• Robb B

• Helen Brown

I'll vote for an iphone version. With a macbook and an iphone I feel no need for ipad as well. iPhone can slip in your pocket (pocket bible) and you have the Word with you everywhere you go.

There are a couple of good Bibles for iPhone, but Accordance for iPhone would be great.

:D I seem to have inadvertently started an online prayer meeting! :D

IMO, you're not dealing with a market where releasing a VERY basic app to begin with is going to hurt you. Accordance users are going to use and pay for your app as soon as its available and are going to appreciate any advancements along the way. I would be pleased even if the first version of the app only brought the texts over and nothing else. Just to be able to go to any of the texts in my Accordance library at any time on my iPad would be invaluable, even without the option to search or take notes, etc.

That's true as far as current Accordance users go, but this also has the potential of attracting new customers and there are some very mature mobile Bible study apps out there. Not to mention that other Bible-software-that-shall-not-be-named making a strong pitch for the iP* platform. So I think Accordance needs to offer a strong platform at launch. Of course, it may all be ho-hum for PC users, but for people after a stand-alone app and Mac users, it could be significant.

:D I seem to have inadvertently started an online prayer meeting! :D

I am committing to pray for the developers and also volunteering for being a beta testes if needed. I love my iPhone and really love my iPad it is going to be something that moves me from lugging around a laptop. Can't wait for an Accordance iPad app. Right now using OliveTree and it is okay but nothing like my Accordance.

Patrick Lazovich

I finally had an opportunity this past weekend to stop in at the local Apple store and play with a iPad for myself. After standing there for 20 minutes oblivious to the world around me, I felt the overwhelming desire to download various apps I currently use on my iPod Touch. This was soon balanced by the realization that any near-term funds to purchase one of these for myself is not in the immediate future--something about necessary maintenance on one of the family cars. Maybe once iPad for Accordance is available, I'll be in shape to purchase. In the mean time, I'll content myself to being chained to my primitive MacBook Pro. (!)

Really feeling the need for an Accordance iPad app. Just a reader will do for now, preferably programmed in Objective-C so Apple won't think it has an intermediary layer. Any progress update?

Any update on the iPad app? This would be a huge help in regards to doing research within Accordance? Just curious. thanks!

It's coming along nicely. No, there is no projected release date. When we know something, we'll announce it.

It's coming along nicely. No, there is no projected release date. When we know something, we'll announce it.

That's great news! I love Accordance and my iPad... Just can't wait until it all comes together! Thanks again for all the hard work.

That is both exciting and depressing.

-Sent from my iPad

That is both exciting and depressing.

-Sent from my iPad

Indeed.

I'm as anxious as the next person to see Accordance for iPad but I'd rather it be done right then be done fast. I'm happy to hear that development is happening and I'm sure it won't be too long before we see the finished product. I don't have my iPad yet (on the reservation list) so I guess I can be a little more patient :)

I'm as anxious as the next person to see Accordance for iPad but I'd rather it be done right then be done fast.

I'm one of those on the "fast" side of things. That's why there are updates. I love getting updates, it's like a new birthday present every week. I'm going to have to get another iPad though. My wife keeps hoggin' the darn thing...

I'm going to have to get another iPad though. My wife keeps hoggin' the darn thing...

iPads are really personal devices. They aren't good for sharing. You can't create separate accounts on them like you can on a computer. Who wants mixed email accounts? To me a shared iPad is kind of like when you see a married couple try to set up a joint FaceBook page. It really doesn't work out well. Whose birthday do you list? Whose workplace?

Do what we did--my wife and I both have our own separate iPads and all is happy in our house.

Edited by R. Mansfield

I don't have my iPad yet (on the reservation list) so I guess I can be a little more patient :)

This morning I got an email from Apple saying my iPad was ready for pick up at the store :) Going to get it tonight. Now I'm a bit more anxious to have an Accordance iPad app for it :)

This morning I got an email from Apple saying my iPad was ready for pick up at the store :) Going to get it tonight. Now I'm a bit more anxious to have an Accordance iPad app for it :)

I purchased an app called LogMeIn Ignition. It is $30, but it allows me to login to my MBP running Accordance and use the program on my iPad. It took a bit to get used to how the mouse works on the iPad as well as limited use of keystroke shortcuts, option clicks etc. I bump up the font size and am good to go. Here is a screenshot of accordance running on my iPad using LogMeIn.

post-1391-12740190854_thumb.png

Edited by jfidel

I purchased an app called LogMeIn Ignition. It is $30, but it allows me to login to my MBP running Accordance and use the program on my iPad. It took a bit to get used to how the mouse works on the iPad as well as limited use of keystroke shortcuts, option clicks etc. I bump up the font size and am good to go. Here is a screenshot of accordance running on my iPad using LogMeIn.

I love it! :D

I purchased my iPad the first Saturday that it was available. 64GB of RAM. It's even better than I had hoped for and I did install the free Kindle software for iPad which allowed me to purchase a $9.95 version of the ESV Study Bible and a $19.95 version of The Lutheran Study Bible- It's a crying shame that Concordia refuses to let Accordance add this great study bible to the lineup.

I can't wait for the Accordance application so I can move all my modules onto my iPad. Was able to transfer many of the graphics from the Accordance version of ESV Study Bible to my iPad by placing jpegs or pdf's into Goodreader- a 99 cent program that allows us to drop just about any size pdf or jpeg file into the iPad- then free to scroll around in whatever resolution one might want. The big failing of the Kindle editions of either ESV Study Bible are the tiny graphics and incredibly difficult to read charts in both ESV Study Bibles. If we can access our full size Accordance modules with the new reader, the iPad will become a fantastic portable tool.

I can't wait to get my hands on the new Accordance reader- free or not free!!!

Edited by JamesN

Hey

iPads are still only pre-order in the land downunder, and I haven't even done that yet! What size do you expect we'll need to run a fair chunk of Accordance modules? I don't have that much really (yet) - Bibles, maps, a few commentaries, GNT...

Hi guys,

For those who have an ipad, do you find that iPad is too heavy to hold? Do you think it is good for reading? Your response is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi guys,

For those who have an ipad, do you find that iPad is too heavy to hold? Do you think it is good for reading? Your response is appreciated. Thanks.

It's heavier than a paperback book, but probably about equivalent to the average hardback. You'll end up resting it against something during longterm reading sessions, but I tend to do that with books anyway, too.

Hi guys,

In response to your latter question (I agree with Rick about the weight non-issue), I think it is amazing for reading. Whenever I want to read an article from an Accordance module, I have been exporting it as a pdf and using GoodReader to read it on my iPad. iBooks and the Kindle App both are very good reading experiences. I've been reading Institutes by Calvin on Olive Tree's free BibleReader app, and that's a good reading experience as well. I actually prefer reading on the iPad to a physical book.

One day I wanted to test how good the reading experience was, so I downloaded a pdf of an article from JETS onto the iPad in GoodReader. I read half the article in GoodReader and half the article in the print copy of the journal. It was easier to read the article on the iPad, and faster too.

iPads are still only pre-order in the land downunder, and I haven't even done that yet! What size do you expect we'll need to run a fair chunk of Accordance modules? I don't have that much really (yet) - Bibles, maps, a few commentaries, GNT...

If you have everything Accordance offers you'll need about 15 Gigs to download it all to an iPad, but most people don't have anything like all our modules.

Our iPhone version will initially be a rather basic, though very cool, app. Later we hope to add more features, and support for the Maps etc.