Photo

iPad

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: iPad

Would you use an iPad Accordance app?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

Dr. Decker –

We are using your book, Koine Greek Reader, next semester for Septuagint and church Father readings. I've done several chapters of the NT section over the summer to keep from getting rusty. I've really enjoyed it.

I, too, am waiting eagerly for the iPad/iPhone app for Accordance, but since I'm also waiting for Christmas to receive my iPad (and want to get the first "refresh"), the wait has been a little easier!

Julia

Julia Falling

13" MacBook Pro Mojave Acc 12
mid-2017 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)
16 GB RAM; 512 GB SSD

iPad Pro iOS 12
128 GB
iAccord 2.7

iPhone 8 iOS 12
64 GB
iAccord 2.7

Used for backup only:
Mac mini Mojave Acc 12
late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)
16 GB RAM; 1.12 TB Fusion Drive

#122 Rod Decker

Rod Decker

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

Dr. Decker –

We are using your book, Koine Greek Reader, next semester for Septuagint and church Father readings. I've done several chapters of the NT section over the summer to keep from getting rusty. I've really enjoyed it.

I, too, am waiting eagerly for the iPad/iPhone app for Accordance, but since I'm also waiting for Christmas to receive my iPad (and want to get the first "refresh"), the wait has been a little easier!

Julia

Glad to hear that Julie. Where are you studying?

More on topic, have you (or anyone else) heard any speculation as to when the first expected "refresh" of the iPad might happen? I'm trying hard myself to practice the virtues of "contentment and patience" and wait for that refresh before I buy an iPad. I did upgrade from iPhone from 3G to 4 in anticipation of the Accordance app.
Rodney J. Decker, ThD
Professor of NT & Greek
Baptist Bible Seminary
NTResources.com/blog/

#123 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:52 PM

From the rumblings I've heard on 9to5mac.com and macrumors.com (admittedly rumor sites) the only iPad refresh between now and Christmas is software related (iOS 4.1). Hardware refresh won't occur until the Spring. I believe it, given that an iPod refresh is due soon, and the iPad is still sold out at many locations.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#124 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

Glad to hear that Julie. Where are you studying?

More on topic, have you (or anyone else) heard any speculation as to when the first expected "refresh" of the iPad might happen? I'm trying hard myself to practice the virtues of "contentment and patience" and wait for that refresh before I buy an iPad. I did upgrade from iPhone from 3G to 4 in anticipation of the Accordance app.

I am auditing Advanced Greek Readings (3rd year Greek) at Milligan College in Elizabethton, TN (in Northeast TN). I think it's affiliated with the Christian Church. Theologically, my husband and I are Reformed Baptist. (We attend a CMA church now and have been for 7 or 8 years.) A few theological differences have come up. I just stay quiet at those times. I am probably not the typical auditor. I've taken every quiz and test and written every paper. Going back to school at 56, having been out for 30+ years, was a bit intimidating, but I've found that a decent understanding of English grammar, 3 years of high school Latin, and the study techniques that got me through a B.S. Chemistry program prepared me pretty well. The instructors at Milligan have been excellent. I've never attended any school where the teachers were so willing to do whatever is needed to enable a student to be successful. I've come to the conclusion that if a student will just put in the hours, the subject can be learned. However, the young people in my class are products of our miserable public school system and were taught little if any English grammar. They've had to work really hard to learn it and Greek grammar at the same time. Ought not to be!

I'm hoping for an iPad refresh before Christmas, but, according to Rob, it seems unlikely. If it doesn't come by December, I think I'll wait (though that is going to be hard).

Julia

Julia Falling

16 GB RAM; 512 GB SSD

iPad Pro iOS 12
128 GB
iAccord 2.7

iPhone 8 iOS 12
64 GB
iAccord 2.7

Used for backup only:
Mac mini Mojave Acc 12

#125 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

More confirmation (if you can call more rumors more confirmation) of no iPad refresh until 2011: http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=989282. Hot off the press this morning.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#126 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

No iPad 2 announcement today at the Apple Event, all but confirming the current iPad is the iPad for this year's holiday lineup.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#127 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,779 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

No iPad 2 announcement today at the Apple Event, all but confirming the current iPad is the iPad for this year's holiday lineup.

Generally, Apple only refreshes once per year. That doesn't mean we won't see different sized editions of the iPad released before year end. But the current iPad models won't be replaced until next year if history holds true.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS High Sierra

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS Mojave

Windows

2018 10" Microsoft Surface Go - 1.6 Ghz Pentium Gold, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

+ Parallels install of Windows 10 Pro on the above MacBook Pro

iOS

2018 iPhone XS Max - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9”) - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12.x

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB internal, Android OS 8.0

2017 Blu Grand M - 8 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Android OS 6.0

#128 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

Generally, Apple only refreshes once per year. That doesn't mean we won't see different sized editions of the iPad released before year end. But the current iPad models won't be replaced until next year if history holds true.

Rick –

The refreshes are actually a little more frequent than once a year. When we're considering a purchase, we usually check out MacRumors – http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/. Looks like about every 9-10 months for the iPods, about every 7-8 for the portable Macs, and a little longer for the desktops. We don't know if the iPad is going to have a pattern more like the iPods, or like the laptops. However, I think Robb is right and that we may not be seeing any new iPads before Christmas. They were first released April 3rd. I would have expected a refresh at or around the end of the year based on the iPod or laptop cycle length. Should be interesting.

Julie

Julia Falling

16 GB RAM; 512 GB SSD

iPad Pro iOS 12
128 GB
iAccord 2.7

iPhone 8 iOS 12
64 GB
iAccord 2.7

Used for backup only:
Mac mini Mojave Acc 12

#129 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,779 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

Yes, but usually only once per calendar year. And this has especially held true for all the iOS devices so far.

There's probably a slight chance we could see a smaller size iPad before a total refresh, but I really don't think we'll see the current lineup replaced before next spring.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS High Sierra

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS Mojave

Windows

2018 10" Microsoft Surface Go - 1.6 Ghz Pentium Gold, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

+ Parallels install of Windows 10 Pro on the above MacBook Pro

iOS

2018 iPhone XS Max - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9”) - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12.x

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB internal, Android OS 8.0

2017 Blu Grand M - 8 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Android OS 6.0

#130 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Rick –

I guess I'll just have to wait until 2011 then. When we look at the features that have just been added to the iPod Touch, I think it will be worth the wait. The first refresh may give us FaceTime, or a Retina Display. Just dreaming.

Julia

Julia Falling

16 GB RAM; 512 GB SSD

iPad Pro iOS 12
128 GB
iAccord 2.7

iPhone 8 iOS 12
64 GB
iAccord 2.7

Used for backup only:
Mac mini Mojave Acc 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users