import pdf as user tool

A. Smith

I'm sorry if this is posted elsewhere; I give up searching on this form; all I ever get is a 'flood control' warning!

Is it possible to somehow import pdfs as a user tool?

I'm sorry if this is posted elsewhere; I give up searching on this form; all I ever get is a 'flood control' warning!

Is it possible to somehow import pdfs as a user tool?

I wish! But sadly, no. If Accordance read PDF files, I'd have no need for DEVONthink Pro Office.

Having said that, you can copy and paste text from most PDFs to create a user tool, although you'll have to repair line breaks.

Also full versions of Acrobat allow you to export documents in a variety of formats, including HTML, which could then be imported into a user tool. You'd still have to do some cleanup work, but it would save you some time nonetheless.

This is what i suspected. Thanks very much. It seems like the accordance user notes/user tools are in an awkward position. On the one hand, many of us seem to want a full fledged word processor and document organizer; on the other hand, we want simple, quick, streamlined applications. What to do!?!

many of us seem to want a full fledged word processor and document organizer; on the other hand, we want simple, quick, streamlined applications. What to do!?!

That's where DEVONthink Pro Office comes in dude!

yeah. I'm gonna check that out. I've been spending way too much money on software lately, but as soon as I get a chance, I'm gonna check it out. My comment was more out of sympathy for the accordance designers who have to wrestle with out competing desires. thanks.

Archived