Copy As Citation

Shawn Maze

I have never been able to use the keyboard short-cut for copying a passage as a citation. I always have to go to the menu (Edit > Copy As > Citation). The shortcut "shift + command + C" seems to not copy anything to the clipboard at all.

I use Accordance 6.5 on OS 10.4

This did not work in Panther for me either. Any idea or anyone else have the same problem? This is used by me primarily for citing passages like the following.

You are misreading the modifiers for the copy command. The Shift-command modifiers are used to paste commands into the entry box, so we have to use others when we need to modify key commands. For copying they are:

• Option-command C copies the selection to the clipboard without any superscript characters
  • Control-command C copies the selected text as a citation
  • Option-command R copies only the references of the selected text
  • Control-command T copies the selected text as Rosetta transliteration
  • Command [ stores the styles of the selected text
  • Command ] replaces the styles of selected text with the previously stored styles (these two may not work on all keyboards)

There is a complete list of keyboard shortcuts in the Reference section of the Help.

I hope this helps.

There is a complete list of keyboard shortcuts in the Reference section of the Help.

This link should take you directly there if your Accordance folder is in your Applications folder.

For future reference, I put a key to those symbols up on my blog

here.

Archived