Hidden characters in Accordance texts?

ddoyle777

Helen,

I've got a funny situation that I hope you can shed some light on. I recently purchased an AlphaSmart Neo as a portable writing tool. My problem is that when ever I paste any text from any English Accordance module it locks the Neo up solid requiring a hard reboot to recover it. The guys at Alphasmart can't see any reason for this so I was wondering if there were any hidden characters that might cause this behavior.

Thanks,

Dave Doyle

BTW: I have no trouble anywhere else with Accordance text being pasted.

I have no idea what might cause this. Have you tried pasting the text into a work processor and then cutting and pasting from there? Have you tried a plain Bible text like ASV?

I have no idea what might cause this. Have you tried pasting the text into a work processor and then cutting and pasting from there? Have you tried a plain Bible text like ASV?

Helen,

If I paste the text from Word the same thing happen. The only way I can do it is to save it as a plain text file in TextEdit and reimport.

I cannot offer any assistance, but suspect that the problem may be related to the one I posted on 23 September ("Problem with pasted Accordance text"), to which there have been precisely no responses to date! I am encouraged to discover that I am not the only user to discover a problem that appears to be related in some way to 'tags' carried over with pasted text.

Archived