Incorporating Multitouch

R. Mansfield

gestures_20100727.png

A while back in a completely different thread, I mentioned that I thought it would be amazing to use multitouch in the Accordance Atlas.

So now that Apple has released it's Magic Trackpad, this kind of functionality can be used not just in portables with built in trackpapds, but with desktop Macs as well.

Multitouch has obvious application for the atlas such as zooming in and out on maps. It could also be used in place of the onscreen controls for the 3D maps.

But I would guess there might even be application with text modules as well. Certainly it could be used to increase or decrease the size of text, but creative minds might even come up with other uses.

• 1 month later...

There are even other options, for example when moving three fingers down you could scroll verse by verse (like in mail) and when sideways switch between tabs (I don't know if that is very convenient though).

In the maps-module three fingers could shift the angle, two fingers could rotate the map (like rotating pictures in the preview app).

This is what I can think of...this feature would be awesome!

Archived