The Living Bible

FunPreach

I was told by customer service that there has not been an Accordance module for the original Living Bible for quite some time but if people expressed an interest that Accordance would listen and maybe produce one . . . am I the only one? I thought the original Living Bible, an actual paraphrase and not a translation, was very useful . . . I'd love to be able to quote it in sermons and see it side-by-side other contemporary translations in Accordance . . . what do you say? anyone with me?

We do have the New Living Translation which is an ongoing revision of The Living Bible. To my knowledge Tyndale House, the publishers of both versions, are no longer interested in distributing The Living Bible. Nor is a full etext available.

Helen, as you know, the NLT is a fair bit different from the original Living Bible . . . the NLT is a "translation" and the Living Bible is a paraphrase. Can you confirm for sure that Tyndale won't allow it?

further, Tyndale still sells the original hardback version of the Living Bible . . .

Olive Tree still sells it for iPhones and iPods . . .

Archived