Conference Question: cost of trip from airport to site?

mikes

It looks like the conference is something around 30-60 minutes from the major area airport. Does anyone know the best (i.e. cheapest and still safe/dependable) to get from the airport to the site?

It looks like the conference is something around 30-60 minutes from the major area airport. Does anyone know the best (i.e. cheapest and still safe/dependable) to get from the airport to the site?

Mike,

My dad works for AJL International which is a driver service in the area. His company is actually kind of expensive, and he said a trip from the airport would cost around $85.

However, he said that at the airport, you could get a ride on what's called "The Super Shuttle" which would be around $45 or $50.

He's going to call me back later today with phone numbers for both, and I'll come back and post them here. There may be other options as well, but if he says that Super Shuttle is cheapest, I'm sure it is.

Rick

We are looking into the options and will be notifyiong all attendees. Jackie is also organizing car pools if people want to share car rentals.

We are looking into the options and will be notifyiong all attendees. Jackie is also organizing car pools if people want to share car rentals.

Thank you, my problem is that if I make it, it will be late (working at a conference through friday in SF) and would be unable to carpool :(

The number for the Super Shuttle is 817-329-2000. Again, my dad says they will be around $45 or $50. You will probably be on a van with others, so you probably won't be the first stop.

If you want a direct ride, you can call the company my dad works for: AJL International at 800-546-6508. It will cost you roughly $85. If you want to meet my dad, you can request that Richard Mansfield pick you up. I've already warned him that it's a group primarily of professors, students and pastors so that he won't expect any kind of decent tip. He'll offer embarrassing stories about me for no extra charge.

You have to definitely call AJL International to make a reservation, but I'd also recommend calling the Super Shuttle, too, if you're going to use them to make certain they will be there when you arrive.

Many thanks. I can't seem to get through without going on standby, so I'll make my reservation from SFO when I actually get a flight. Thanks so much for your help!

Archived