YOU CAN BUILD YOUR ACCORDANCE LIBRARY YOUR WAY!

tassiecelt

That's the claim of version 9.

Does that mean that I will be able to select individual works and create a "bundle" that suits me?

In looking at the bundles on offer, there seems to be quite a few works that are really of no interest to me.

A truly customisable bundle would be a great way to go.

That's the claim of version 9.

Does that mean that I will be able to select individual works and create a "bundle" that suits me?

In looking at the bundles on offer, there seems to be quite a few works that are really of no interest to me.

A truly customisable bundle would be a great way to go.

Although the base packages (introductory, scholars, etc.) tend to be pretty good deals, OakTree has always allowed users to purchase modules individually—in a sense, creating your own package. I've found that while all the packages contain resources I'm not interested in, I still find the packages a good deal because if I tally up the cost of only the modules in the packages I do want, the price for purchasing these modules individually is more than the package price.

Some modules are not available as individual unlocks, they must be bought in a group which is usually $49. It simply wouldn't be worthwhile to make them each available as an unlock. But yes, packages are the best value.

I understand.....it's a bit like pay tv we used to have, you bought a package and it included one channel you like and ten you don't like.

This is why I still prefer the Bible app I have on the iPhone, with that I can just buy and have in front of me what I will actually use. It's less confusing that way.

It depends on what you are looking for. As Helen said, the majority of modules are totally a la carte. We offer packages to help users who would need a group of modules, to help them with the price. There are a few exceptions for some modules that only come in groups, but these groups are relatively inexpensive. Which modules were you looking to get standalone?

It depends on what you are looking for. As Helen said, the majority of modules are totally a la carte. We offer packages to help users who would need a group of modules, to help them with the price. There are a few exceptions for some modules that only come in groups, but these groups are relatively inexpensive. Which modules were you looking to get standalone?

Thanks Joel, my interest is the NKJV (which I see is on offer) and a couple of good, solid Commentaries and Dictionaries. I'll check out the details of the packages.

Thanks Joel, my interest is the NKJV (which I see is on offer) and a couple of good, solid Commentaries and Dictionaries. I'll check out the details of the packages.

Those requests could easily be met by either purchasing individual modules, or one of our packages. If you start with a lower package and decide to upgrade later, just pay the difference. Or bundle multiple packages together for a greater discount. Here's just a few possibilities

Those requests could easily be met by either purchasing individual modules, or one of our packages. If you start with a lower package and decide to upgrade later, just pay the difference. Or bundle multiple packages together for a greater discount. Here's just a few possibilities

Thank you Rick for that explanation. I've spent some time looking through just one of the packages. All I can say is that there must surely be simpler ways of presenting the contents of a purchase. I have never seen anything so confusing.

Back to my iPhone...take a look at Mantis Bible app and see how wonderfully simply both the product and adding to the product is!!

Maybe it's just a learning curve difference between Mantis and us. I don't know. I think they are structured very close to each other. The biggest difference is that we offer a lot more, and offer primary collections which they do not. This is probably a matter of the target market. In most cases an iOS user is not going to load up thousands of resources to do in-depth research. There are exceptions of course, and more so with the iPad.

Here are some comparisons and maybe some clarifications that may help you

post-5629-128464613055_thumb.png

post-5629-128464626414_thumb.png

post-5629-128464641192_thumb.png

post-5629-128464642086_thumb.png

I see the big attraction of being able to choose what we want however this way has one major loss for me - we miss to much amazing resources, one thing I have found as I learn more about some of the significant contributers as to what is Christianity today and who influenced them is that a lot of the books are right here on accordance, books like Henry Scougal, who influenced the great awakening (and he was Scottish :) ) and so many others, books we may not normally encounter but other gems such as Brother Lawrence's simplistic but powerfully wise practice of the presence of God or Hannah Whitall Smiths works as well. What looks like a load of stuff we dont need, is actually treasure that may influence our thinking powerfully.

This may not be a reason to buy a package, but its my experience and im so thankful I bought what I intially thought was 'freebie bloat' because the wisdom in those books has helped me greatly to get back to the core of Christianity.

Archived