Flashcards for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone

danzac

Helen encourage me to post this for interested Accordance users.

MULTIMEDIA GREEK FLASHCARDS

I have been selling multimedia Greek flashcards for a few years, but have made it to the "big-time" as they are now available through the app store. These have been a pet project for a long time, and Accordance was relied on heavily.

For more information, you can read about them on my website. Here is the short version:

- Available on all major platforms

- Currently, the PC/iPad/iPhone versions using MemoryLifter are the best. They feature:

• audio for both sides of every card
  • an image/mnemonic for every lexical form
  • A contextual example from the NT for every card

The modules are designed specifically to work with 4 major intro textbooks, so in addition to the above features, they are also categorized by chapter according to your preferred grammar. Go ahead and search for Mounce, Croy, David Alan Black, or Gerald Stevens on the app store, or purchase them for your desktop via my page.

Finally, there is available a module (right not only for PC) for all NT Greek by frequency. Because of its size it will take a little longer to get on the app store. I am also hoping to have it available on the Mac by the end of the year.

Hopefully you or your students find them useful. Hebrew cards are in the works as well.

Danny

I see the Memorylifter/iPad/Mounce version appears to be for the second edition. Do you know if there is any real difference between the second and third edition of Mounce's grammar as concerns the vocabulary in the cards?

From what I can see on this his website, it looks like the only significant difference might be in chapter 35.

http://www.learnbiblicalgreek.com/bbg3_differences

FYI: Ch. 35 in the 2d ed. was split into two in the 3d ed. (creating ch. 36). The vocab from ch. 35 was moved to ch. 36, and 15 new words were added to ch. 35. The statistics at the end of ch. 36 reflect the additional words.

FYI: Ch. 35 in the 2d ed. was split into two in the 3d ed. (creating ch. 36). The vocab from ch. 35 was moved to ch. 36, and 15 new words were added to ch. 35. The statistics at the end of ch. 36 reflect the additional words.

Rick, thanks for this info. Would anyone who mentioned this be able to provide me with the additional words? I will make the update asap (it will take a bit to get to the app store, but I'll make it happen as soon as I can).

Danny

• 1 month later...

For those following this thread, I have submitted an update to Mounce for the 3rd edition. Hopefully in November the app store version will be updated. I have also submitted modules compatible with Jeremy Duff's intro grammar, and Hewett's intro grammar (again, hopefully November).

• 11 months later...

For those who are interested in this issue, the aforementioned flashcards modules on the appstore are now:

Mounce's 3rd edition

Black's "Learn to Read NT Greek"

Croy's "Primer of Biblical Greek

Hewett's "NT Greek"

Stevens "NT Primer"

Duff's "Elements of NT Greek"

And for those in advanced Greek studies, a flashcard module of all Greek words, categorized by frequency, is now on the appstore too.

Archived