A few problems

thegoodfight

I would like to describe three problems I am having w/ v. 9 and see if anyone has any suggestions:

First, most of the modules I had in v. 8 I am having to redownload in v. 9. So, they appear in my library window, but when I click on them finder pops up and makes me search for the file and re-download it. This is not a big deal I guess since I have been able to find and re-download them all so far, but I don't think this should be happening...?

Second, I purchased the Metzger commentary awhile back and downloaded it in v. 8. However, when I click on it in Library window in v. 9 it acts as though it has not been downloaded, and when I try to find the file it is not on my comp. However, in the easy install window it shows that it has already been installed. Is there a way to re-install it using easy install?

Finally, when I try and copy a greek sentence diagram as a picture, accordance closes completely and nothing copies. In v. 8 I would do a diagram, copy it as a picture and then past it into word to turn in for my class. i have not been able to do this so far w/ v. 9 b/c it will not copy.

Thanks for any help!

I also have had a few problems with initial crashes when trying to install, but those seem to have cleared up. The ongoing problems are:

1. text wrapping in various windows is a bit buggy, words disappearing at margin. It can be fixed by decreasing the font size, but this makes it a bit harder to read.

2. More troubling, when using the import into user tools, (from html), the program immediately crashes. A fix isn't urgent, but I am trying to build a commentary on Ruth and will have to hold off until this is fixed.

Thanks.

I'm also experiencing a repeatable crash on import user tool.

I would like to describe three problems I am having w/ v. 9 and see if anyone has any suggestions:

First, most of the modules I had in v. 8 I am having to redownload in v. 9. So, they appear in my library window, but when I click on them finder pops up and makes me search for the file and re-download it. This is not a big deal I guess since I have been able to find and re-download them all so far, but I don't think this should be happening...?

Second, I purchased the Metzger commentary awhile back and downloaded it in v. 8. However, when I click on it in Library window in v. 9 it acts as though it has not been downloaded, and when I try to find the file it is not on my comp. However, in the easy install window it shows that it has already been installed. Is there a way to re-install it using easy install?

Finally, when I try and copy a greek sentence diagram as a picture, accordance closes completely and nothing copies. In v. 8 I would do a diagram, copy it as a picture and then past it into word to turn in for my class. i have not been able to do this so far w/ v. 9 b/c it will not copy.

Thanks for any help!

On your last question...have you tried using the (command+control+shift+4) trigger to copy defined selection to clipboard? This works for me and I can then paste it into Omni Outliner document. I haven't tried Word, but assumed that it would work similarly.

Best wishes, Tom

We have fixed the copy diagram and print issues for the next release, any day now.

We are working on the User Tool issues but they may not be fixed yet.

If you get the message that

An error has occurred while Accordance was trying to migrate your modules to a new location

or yoyr Accordance 9 asks you to locate any modules:

Please check in /Library/Application Support/Accordance

If you see Accordance Preferences there, you just need to find the missing files. Accordance may have failed to move them because they were not in the Accordance folder, or because you do not have permission to change them.

You can look in any Accordance folders elsewhere on your Mac for these files and move them to /Library/Application Support/Accordance:

Atlas files folder

Time data

any files ending in words, roots, .info, .format, .syntax

Read Mes and Manuals & Documents (into a folder called Documents)

Text modules to Modules/Texts

Tool and Parallels modules to Modules/Tools

Almost always simply placing these files in position allows Accordance 9 to find them and run correctly.

Archived