Please help with 9 install

Helen Brown

If you encounter a situation where only some of your modules are available in 9 and others are asking you to locate them, PLEASE:

1. record any messages that you received when Accordance did the migration

2. do not move anything, but contact me or Joel so that we can try to figure out what is causing the problem

3. email us the Module installation log from Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences

We are doing our best to track down the most serious bugs and fix them for 9.0.1 tomorrow, but we cannot reproduce this one, so we need your help.

While doing the Easy Install, A9 is asking "Where is the file Map Data?" However, I can not locate a file "Map Data" at all.

It does turn up in a Spotlight search, but OSX will not give me a location for the file. I finally managed to track it down inside the Accordance program package, but can not direct Easy Install to that location. In Library/Application Support/Accordance I find 'Time Data' which is a 'com.OakTree.Accordance.mapData' kind of file, and then in the folder Atlas Files I find 'Altitude Data' which is also a 'com.OakTree.Accordance.mapData' kind of file. Both of those are selectable (iow, not greyed out) files in the Easy Install window.

However, I do not know which is right, if either.

Any suggestions?

Easy Install is about downloading new product from the web. It sound like you are simply running Accordance. Can you search your hard drive for Map data and ,ove it to Library/Application Support/Accordance/Atlas files, which is where it now belongs.

It happens every time I run Easy Install. The only previously purchased item that is left for it to update/download is the Graphics DVD Bundle. I guess it won't install because it can't find Map Data. As I said, I can not find Map Data anywhere on my hard drive except in the Accordance package in the Applications folder.

I have several other modules that I can't find anywhere on my hard disk that Accordance keeps asking me for when I try to access them. Nearly a dozen or so, I'd guess. Not sure where they are - Nothing was put on my desktop when I installed 9.

Correction: I found the files in the Recycle Bin of the Admin account, where I did the upgrade install for A9. I will copy the requested files over to the location you mentioned as needed. I'm sure this will correct my issues.

Thanks!

Helen

I can't find the original post but you were asking about remnants of the 'Accordance 9 not yet released' notes on the Website. I have just updated from Accordance 8 and if you follow that route you WILL get at least one page which still tells you that Accordance 9 is not yet released.

Ron

Archived