Not Sure What this Mean?

catfishjim

Forgive me, I am new here and this is my first post. I recently updated to V.9 and also purchased the NT Syntax Module. After installing the Syntax I now get the following message upon startup every time. I have noticed that some of the post have asked for a zip file of certain things. This I do not know how to do, so if you respond please indicate how I go about do that if needed. Thanks.

post-30224-12849708193_thumb.png

I think you downloaded a beta version of the GNT-T Syntax. Sorry, this was our fault. Please delete the syntax files from:

Library/Application Support/Accordance/Gloss Folder/GNT-T.syntax and BHS-W4.syntax

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Syntax Files.

Then redownload them via Easy Install.

Please see the posts in the new Syntax forum.

This seems to be the same problem as DanG.

If you still have the problem, I would like to talk to you and see if we can find out what is happening,

Helen,

Thank you for your response. I tried to locate the folder you ask me to, but for some reason once I get into Application Support there is no Accordance folder. Forgive my ignorance of these things, I can find things much better on PC. Is there any place else I can search, or maybe I have misunderstood your directions to begin with. I click on "Cliff" (Which for me I am guessing is where I start), the I click on "Library" and then "Application Support." It is there that I find no Accordance file. Again, please forgive me and thank you for you help.

Cliff

Cliff,

The Macintosh has two "Library" folders. One is a system-wide library and one is for each individual user. The Library folder you need is the system-wide folder which is contained in the root directory of your hard drive. Just click on the icon of your hard drive on the desktop (if you have it showing) and choose the Library folder you see there.

Mark

Mark,

I just figured that out myself. Man, I feel like doofus. Thanks for your response though.

Cliff

Helen,

I uninstalled the files and launched V.9 and the message did not appear. :)

But when I went to reinstall the NT Syntax files it said that there we already installed. :blink:

So I now have a new problem I guess. B)

Thanks again for your help.

Cliff

Cliff,

Did you uninstall both the syntax files from the main library folder AND the preference file in you USER library folder?

Mark,

I did do both, but I notice that every time I relaunch V.9 the Syntax file reappears in my preference folder in my user library. It does not seem to want to go away quietly.

Cliff

Just to make sure:

By uninstall you mean remove to trash, right?

Same problem here. The Easy Install is not letting me download it again. It is grayed out like everything else that is installed.

post-7042-128501885742_thumb.png

Mark,

I did do both, but I notice that every time I relaunch V.9 the Syntax file reappears in my preference folder in my user library. It does not seem to want to go away quietly.

Cliff

Just to make sure:

By uninstall you mean remove to trash, right?

"Syntax Files" gets put back into Library-Appl Support-Accordance-Accordance Preferences and User-Library-Preferences-Accordance Preferences every time I start Accordance. The actual syntax files don't reappear in Library-Appl Support-Accordance-Gloss Folder.

So, I opened Accordance, then deleted the two files mentioned above. Did an easy install of the Genesis & John syntax files. Nothing appears to happen so I quit and restart Accordance. Now I can't open any workspaces. So I quit Accordance and get the following message (see attached). After clicking OK, Accordance crashes and quits.

post-27438-128507927462_thumb.png

I suggest you remove the Startup session from User-Library-Preferences-Accordance Preferences and try again.

Archived