Widget with Third party Dashboards

William Cross

OK, I have posted a separate download for the widget, for those who want to try it with third party software. I had already sent it to two such users, neither of whom has reported back on whether it works at all, which we doubt.

Helen,

I have tried the widget and it does not work using the 3rd party product Amnesty. It would be great for 10.3 users if it was created to work with Konfabulator. Konfabulator is now freeware from Yahoo. It does the same thing 10.4 Widgets do, but works on any version of OS X.

OK, I have posted a separate download for the widget, for those who want to try it with third party software...

Helen,

I have tried the widget and it does not work using the 3rd party product Amnesty.

Have no fear. Now that I've seen it, a solution for earlier OS X users is on the way.

It would be great if a solution could be made in Konfabulator since it is a free program and Amnesty is not. Just a thought.

http://www.konfabulator.com/

Please?

How did you get it to work?

When I install Amnesty and then the Accordance Widget is turned on, it pops up appears to work, but no Bible text appears, nor will it let me choose one. It is just a cool looking blank widget.

Are you using 10.3.9 or 10.4?

• 1 month later...
OK, I have posted a separate download for the widget, for those who want to try it with third party software. I had already sent it to two such users, neither of whom has reported back on whether it works at all, which we doubt.

Helen,

I have tried the widget and it does not work using the 3rd party product Amnesty. It would be great for 10.3 users if it was created to work with Konfabulator. Konfabulator is now freeware from Yahoo. It does the same thing 10.4 Widgets do, but works on any version of OS X.

Helen,

I have tried the Amnesty product also and had the same result; it just sits there saying it is Loading, but never works. I woul agree with others that Knofabulator would be a much better working program, it works fine on y 10.3.9 and is free as others mentioned.

• 2 months later...

Is there any progress on a widget for Konfabulator? Is it still in the pipeline? I'm interested as I haven't upgraded my iBook to Tiger yet. Thanks.

Archived