Installer Virus???

Daniel  Francis

I was installing my accordance nine in my sheepshaver os 9 environment and when it expanded the sit archive NAV told me it was infected by a strain of nVIRA it had no trouble removing it but this might cause some issues for other users of Classic. I checked it by downloading it out of my classic environment and modern NAV detected the virus too only it couldn't repair it.

-Dan

I find this quite surprising, as we've never had an issue with installers containing viruses nor spreading them around. Additionally, I am not familiar with the nVIRA virus strain at all. We'll investigate it, but my theory is that it is a false positive that NAV thought was a virus.

I find this quite surprising, as we've never had an issue with installers containing viruses nor spreading them around. Additionally, I am not familiar with the nVIRA virus strain at all. We'll investigate it, but my theory is that it is a false positive that NAV thought was a virus.

I assume it likely is some kind of false report but i wanted to report it just in case there is something to it.

-Dan

PS: Keep up all the good work.

Archived