I/O Error #-1407 and Crash on Launch

Brett K.

I'm on my third attempt to get v9 installed.

1. I trashed everything that had to do with Accordance--App, prefs, widgets, everything. Then I restored 8.4.7 and all of the support files from a backup. So I started with a clean install of 8.4.7.

2. I ran the v9 installer. It finished without any problems.

3. Per Joel's instructions, I moved the v9 app to ~/Applications/. I did not put it in my Accordance folder (~/Applications/Accordance/).

4. Per Joel's instructions, I moved the Accordance app support folder to ~/Library/Application Support/.

5. I opened the Terminal and created the symlink /Library/Application Support/Accordance that links to ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance/.

6. I launched Accordance 9. It threw three or four errors and crashed before the launch could complete. The errors were I/O Error #-1407 on various files like "Accordance Preferences" and "Modules".

7. I trashed the Startup Session file from ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/ and tried launching again. I got the same errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks

--

Brett

Brett,

I suggest you move your Accordance folder back to /Library/Application Support/Accordance (instead of the symbolic link) until we can fully support linking to an Accordance folder that is not in the default location.

Mike

I suggest you move your Accordance folder back to /Library/Application Support/Accordance (instead of the symbolic link) until we can fully support linking to an Accordance folder that is not in the default location.

The weird thing is that I know someone who has this exact setup and it is working. I really, really, really don't want Accordance in the local domain. I guess I'll just keep working with it until something works.

Thanks

--

Brett

I got it running.

When I launched v9 and it started throwing the errors, it never asked me where my Accordance folder was. So I thought it may be looking in ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance for the contents of my Accordance folder. It was. I moved everything in there and it launched.

There are still a bunch of files in ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance that may not need to be there (like the v8 app), but I'll try to sort it out.

Thanks

--

Brett

I have an Accordance Preferences folder in the app support folder and an Accordance Preferences folder in ~/Library/Preferences/. Is there only supposed to be one?

Thanks

--

Brett

Yes, there is a master set in Accordance with all installed modules, and the one you actually use in your user.

Yes, there is a master set in Accordance with all installed modules, and the one you actually use in your user.

So there is supposed to be an Accordance Preferences folder in the Accordance app support folder, and there should also be an Accordance Preferences folder in ~/Library/Preferences/? Some files (e.g. General and Parallels) appear in both folders. I've attached screen shots of the contents of each folder.

Accordance did not reorganize any of the app support files or create a "previous" folder on the desktop. So I'm having to go in and do it all manually.

Thanks

--

Brett

post-734-128538130965_thumb.jpg

post-734-128538132046_thumb.jpg

Archived