Instant details - bible

jon

I am new to Accordance and trying to get it set up the way I want, so please excuse me if the answer should be obvious.

When hovering over a word brings up a bible verse in Instant Details, is it possible to change the bible version? It is currently set to KJV. I am using Acc.9 and very pleased with it!

Thanks

If you go to Preferences: Tool Display you can reset the default text that is used for hypertexting to your favorite Bible. Then select a Bible that covers more text such as one with the Apocrypha for the alternate text.

Hi Jonathan:

Yes, it is possible. If you want to change the Bible version for all your tools, click on the Accordance menu, then Preferences, then, on the left hand side, click on Tool Display. On the right hand side you will see a section for Hypertext. There you can choose your version next to Text. You can also choose an Alternate Text. This will determine your version for all tools. Additionally, you can choose different versions for different tools by making a particular tool the focus and using the shortcut Cmd-T. This will bring up a window in which you can choose the Text and Alternate Text just for that tool. If you want to keep that version for that tool, click on Use as Default in the lower left corner and then Save then OK. Hope this helps.

Steve & Helen,

Many thanks for your responses. I am slowly coming to grips with this software and realizing just how powerful a tool it is! I had not realized when I recently moved from a PC to a Mac, just what a good move it would prove to be.

• 4 weeks later...

My experience is just like yours jon. Don't hesitate to explore the software. It has all the things you will be needing. It is very powerful and user friendly.

Archived