Easy install Crashing Accordance... Please help

Tom Castle

We had this issue during 9.0.1 and 9.0.2.

Tonight I purchased the IVP Essential Collection Upgrade which shows in "My Products" with a blue check which means an Easy Install download.

So I opened Accordance 9.0.3 and clicked Accordance --> Easy Install. The loading purchases indicator gets to about halfway and Accordance crashes.

When I was working with Joel back in 9.0.2, we were able to get this to work by going back to the Default Search Window in the preferences as we found that there was a module in use (the Cross References as I recall) that Accordance wanted to upgrade but it kept causing the program to crash. I tried that again this time with no luck whatsoever.

Thanks for the help...

This is resolved... Thank you Joel!!

How did you solve this problem? I am using Accordance 9.0.3 trying to download recently bought modules, but it crashes almost immediately after pressing the download button.

Hello ame,

In my case, there was an issue with the GWord module from version 6. Basically, it was included in a version and then not included and there was an issue with Easy Install trying to update it. It will be fixed in 9.0.4.

There have been two issues that I've worked through with Joel on the Easy Install crashing. One was when there was a module open in a window (Cross References in that case) and Easy Install wanted to update it. That crashed the app. The other was noted above.

I'd recommend that you close any open zones/windows temporarily to try Easy Install. Next, if you are using a Default Session (in preferences) change the setting to Default Search Window. Close Accordance and open it back up. That would open the 'Default Search Window'. Try Easy Install. If it works then there is an issue with a module in your Library.

Hope this helps.

Hello Tom,

thank you for your answer unfortunately it didn't work. I tried what you suggested, now the fan of my macbook is quite loud, the progess-bar disappeared and accordance shows me the colorwheel of death. Is this the first mentioned issue (when will 9.0.4 be released?) and is there any other suggestion on how to fix this or is there a different way of installing modules? By the way thank you to all the people involved in this awesome peace of software. Version 9 really is a step forward. I love the contextslider I know it is not the biggest change but a good one...but back to the topic...

Is it possible that this happens due to some connectionproblem? Apparently I am in some kind of a collegenetwork in India so maybe there are some ports blocked..?

After killing the process the application crashes immediately again.

If Accordance will not open you can try removing the StartUp session for user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences.

Do not try Check for Updates again until you are screensharing with me or one of our techs, so that we can see what is happening.

You are trying to use Easy Install? Be sure to set the system language to English as it is crashing in German (fixed in 9.0.4).

Sorry for being inaccurate, the application just crashed after trying easy install but your hint with the system language helped.

Thank you very much!

Archived