#1 Ken Han

Ken Han

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

This is a bug report / feature request

Bug: I use Typinator to auto expand text snippets in a TextMate-like way. For example, typing the opening parenthesis ( results in Typinator automatically inserting the closing parenthesis ) and placing the cursor inside the parenthesis. For any writer frequently needing to type scripture references like (John 3:16) you can see what a time saver this is. I have other snippets that work similar, not to mention auto-expansion of abbreviations like JC for Jesus Christ, w\ for with, and etc. One of my reasons for using Typinator is it helps to relieve pain in my hands / wrist that unfortunately comes with too much time spent on computer. While I can't avoid using the computer completely, Typinator and other utilities help a lot.

Accordance is the only app that I use where I cannot do this. Typinator cannot expand the snippets inside user notes or tools. I know that Accordance is not your typical Cocoa app (is it even a Cocoa app?), but OS X recently celebrating its 10 year birthday, I've come to expect more Cocoa / Cocoa-like behaviors in my apps. It would be great if user notes and tools make this possible.

Feature request: Again, in a Cocoa app text field, one can begin typing a part of a word and then type either esc or F5, which presents a list of words for either auto-completion or even a quick spell check. This works in Mail, Pages, AddressBook, iCal, well, you get the idea. But not Accordance. I would very much like Accordance to support this behavior. This may have the added benefit of making available the system dictionary. In Cocoa apps you can hover over a word, press cmd + ctrl + d and looks up its definition. This is very useful, also.

#2 Mary Hinkle Shore

Mary Hinkle Shore

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

Rev. Ken, this is not to your point, but I didn't know either of those OS X shortcuts (how to open dictionary or using f5 or esc for text completion). Both very cool. Thanks.
Mary Hinkle Shore
Professor of New Testament
Luther Seminary
St. Paul, Minnesota
Preaching Blog: Pilgrim Preaching
Twitter Feed: @MaryShore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users