NET tagged text

A. Smith

I don't know how rights and whatnot work, but I would love to see the NET available in a key number tagged text, esp the OT.

=3

This is a very cool idea. I don't use the NET text much, but I know that many translators do. I'll bet they'd find this tagging a real blessing. [i am a real fan of the NET notes.]

• 9 months later...

And 1 more = 4

Tom

Add me to this list!

= 5

of course five of us probably doesn't warrant the work....but I can dream, right?

+7

Of all the translations available in Accordance, this one tops my wish list for tagged texts.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for Sean's and +1 for me = 9

• 2 months later...

This is interesting because I always thought the notes were far more valuable than the translation. I wonder how many people study primarily using the NET Bible.

I also would like to see a tagged text. (10 or 11?)

This is interesting because I always thought the notes were far more valuable than the translation. I wonder how many people study primarily using the NET Bible.

See, Helen? This is what happens when you provide cool features like a Dynamic Interlinear... :P

Ah, but many of the notes concern translation issues and discussions of particular original language words or phrases. And in those cases, having a keyed NET would be very helpful.

I'm not using the translation itself as much as I used to (partially because of the lack of Strong's coding), but I do appreciate its particular blend of formal and dynamic equivalence philosophies, and the fact that the notes always include a more formal equivalence rendering when the translator has opted for dynamic equivalence in the translation itself.

Lorinda

• 2 months later...

What, I must be the 13th...

After reading 10 or so chapters of the NET on my iPhone I had to stop because having a footnote every 4 or 5 words is SO annoying. Perhaps there's a way to make them disappear but until then, no thanks!

Count me in!

Tagged NET and interlinear = awesome!!

Archived