common lectionary and zones

Dennis M Callies

As a Roman Catholic, I begin much of my bible study from the common lectionary. That is: Sunday worship includes four selections from scripture. There is a selection from the Old Testament, a psalm, a letter/Revelation from the New, and a gospel. Is there a way to open four different bible texts in one search window?

As a Roman Catholic, I begin much of my bible study from the common lectionary. That is: Sunday worship includes four selections from scripture. There is a selection from the Old Testament, a psalm, a letter/Revelation from the New, and a gospel. Is there a way to open four different bible texts in one search window?

If you're using Accordance 9 this is quite easy. See the below picture as an example:

post-29335-128624582204_thumb.jpg

The arrangement of these 'zones' is completely customizable according to your whims and desires.

Sure would be nice to have the Lectionaries, Prayerbooks,Missals etc, searchable, tagged, what wonderful "Bible study" resources these would be.

Blessings,

Rusty+

Sure would be nice to have the Lectionaries, Prayerbooks,Missals etc, searchable, tagged, what wonderful "Bible study" resources these would be.

Blessings,

Rusty+

Was more than a little surprised to see your posting...Catholic Study Bible on the Catholic CD has the lectionary in it ( 3 year and the 2 year daily). It also has the order of mass, not fully a missal I suppose, but should give you mostly what you want. Lots of other wonderful resources are there, Catechism, Vatican I & II, devotional classics, and Summa Theologica

http://www.accordancebible.com/products/packages/catholic_collection.php

-Dan

PS: The Revised Common Lectionary can be downloaded for free in the user files.

Was more than a little surprised to see your posting...Catholic Study Bible on the Catholic CD has the lectionary in it ( 3 year and the 2 year daily). It also has the order of mass, not fully a missal I suppose, but should give you mostly what you want. Lots of other wonderful resources are there, Catechism, Vatican I & II, devotional classics, and Summa Theologica

http://www.accordancebible.com/products/packages/catholic_collection.php

-Dan

PS: The Revised Common Lectionary can be downloaded for free in the user files.

Yes, However, these are but a few of the great and historical documents of the church, there are many great and wonderful Liturgies, prayerbooks and lectionaries.

The study of the worship and prayer life of the Church can and does help us in understanding the biblical text. Of fact, the two are intertwined.

One can see how the Word of God was/is used in worship ( poor way of saying it, but true ) as well as seeing and understanding how the Bible was shaped and codified by the worship of the church.

If parsings, dictionaries and all the other tools we have are true tools, which they are, then so to are these things that shaped the use of those words, give many Biblical words the context in which they are used and are, etymologically , extremely useful and needed in the study of the biblical text.

To my current knowledge, no one has truly incorporated these great texts/tools into the digital tools available to us today, Accordance is perfect for this, better suited than anyone else as far as I can see and the market for this would be rather huge.

The Church came before "the Word Written" and it Worshipped, therefore it stands to reason that the study of it's Prayer and Worship life has great value in the study of it's Words Written through the activity of the Spirit.

Sorry for being wordy, it's early.

Blessings,

Rusty+

If you're using Accordance 9 this is quite easy. See the below picture as an example:

post-29335-128624582204_thumb.jpg

The arrangement of these 'zones' is completely customizable according to your whims and desires.

Thank you. Your picture made quite clear that what I want to do is possible. However I stumbled in several attempts to learn the cursor moves in dragging and dropping. I got the hang of it now.

Thank you. Your picture made quite clear that what I want to do is possible. However I stumbled in several attempts to learn the cursor moves in dragging and dropping. I got the hang of it now.

I'm glad that helped and you were able to figure it out. The new 'zones' feature has really made Accordance A LOT more flexible for organizing texts and tools than it had been.

Archived