Request for some theology books

William B

Hi I have just started studying theology at my local baptist college, I have noticed that a lot of the materials we are discussing are public domain but not on accordance, I was wondering if there are plans to add the works of any of the following (sorry if some of these are on and I have simply missed them)

Agustine

William of Ockham

Emil Brummer

Karl Barth

Martin Luthor (theology of the cross etc)

Paul Tillich

These guys seem to be extremely influential with very well respected works at the academic level.

As you say, these are PD works, so we would not be able to charge enough to justify the work of making full Accordance modules out of them. We do have a good selection of theologies, but there is no way that we will be able to cover all of these in the near future.

Hi I have just started studying theology at my local baptist college, I have noticed that a lot of the materials we are discussing are public domain but not on accordance, I was wondering if there are plans to add the works of any of the following (sorry if some of these are on and I have simply missed them)

Agustine

William of Ockham

Emil Brummer

Karl Barth

Martin Luthor (theology of the cross etc)

Paul Tillich

These guys seem to be extremely influential with very well respected works at the academic level.

William, some of these are available in Accordance.

The works of Brunner, Barth, and Tillich would probably not be in the public domain because these are 20th century theologians (so maybe Oak Tree would want to consider these).

For any other public domain titles, consider finding them on a site like CCEL, converting them into an Accordance User Tool and uploading them to the Accordance Exchange to share with others.

I can't speak about Tillich, Barth or the other leaders of Neo-orthodoxy. But, I might be able to give you advice about Lutheran theology. The best place to understand Lutheran theology has always been the book of Concord. And, probably the best place to start in the Book of Concord is Luther's Large Catechism. I am attaching a copy of the Book of Concord (which was put-together by pastor Phil Schielke) which has the Large Catechism in it. The text is public domain. So, not surprisingly, the vocabulary is a little old and the sentences are long. But, that's what you get when it's free.

As far as the Theology of the Cross goes, there aren't too many free resources out there. I'd recommend "The Bondage of the Will." But the free (asherton) text is quite difficult to understand. I'd recommend Packer's version of "the bondage of the will." But it costs money. If you'd like to pay money, there is no better book on the Theology of the Cross out there now than Professor Deutschlander's book (The Theology of the Cross, from Northwestern Publishing House (nph.net)).

Triglotta.zip

Archived