2 Cor 13:13 confusion

Boris Repschinski

Studying 2 Cor today, I noticed that 13:13 seems beset by problems: In the Zürcher Bibel (German) and the Elberfelder (German again) it is missing completely, although the notes refer to it; In the ESV it is numbered as 13:14, with v.13 missing, though again referred to in the accompanying notes. But The ESV is missing "All the saints greet you", accounting for the missing verse 13.

BR

Well, it may have something to do with verse mapping. Now I encountered another odditiy, investigating this a bit more. If I open the Z

post-30114-128669400705_thumb.png

post-30114-128669401925_thumb.png

Well, it may have something to do with verse mapping. Now I encountered another odditiy, investigating this a bit more. If I open the Zürcher Bibel and navigate to the verse in question, it gives me the appropriate verse as expected. But if I open a workspace with the Zürcher and the GNT side by side, 2 Cor 13:13 disappears from the Zürcher Bibel. I include two screen shots to illustrate.

BR

The thumbnail with the parallels was not quite self-explanatory, so I attach another one here.

BR

post-30114-12866942487_thumb.png

One more thing: The verse disappears only when I set the search version to GNT. However, when I set the Z

post-30114-128669482263_thumb.png

One more thing: The verse disappears only when I set the search version to GNT. However, when I set the Zürcher as the search version, the verse in question is there in the Zürcher and disappears from the GNT.

BR

Whichever text is set as the search text determines which verses are displayed in that window. If the search text does not include a particular verse for some reason, the other texts being viewed in parallel within the same window will also not display that verses. Accordance assumes you are using the search text as the basis for your study and thus only want to view what is parallel with that text. While this can at times be confusing, I've found it quite helpful more often than not. [see attached pic]

To make sure you aren't missing any verses in a particular text or translation, simply change the search text or open that text or translation in its own search window. With the new zones feature in Accordance 9, you can open a second text in its own search window in a zone right next to your original search text. When you tie the two zones together, they will scroll in parallel, yet the second text will not lose any verses if the original search text is missing those verses. I hope my explanation isn't too confusing!

To tie a search window to another, control+click on the tab or header for that window/tab/zone and select "Set tab" from the contextual menu; then select the search window listed to which you wish to tie.

post-14003-128673127606_thumb.png

Sean,

thanks for trying to be helpful; however, I think you are missing the point when you write:

Whichever text is set as the search text determines which verses are displayed in that window. If the search text does not include a particular verse for some reason, the other texts being viewed in parallel within the same window will also not display that verses.

Now from the example screenshot I attached (and I apologize for the confusion, it certainly is not helpful to spread this over several posts) I was trying to make the point that the verse in question (2 Cor 13:13) is indeed present both in the Zürcher as well as in the GNT, and both times contains the same material, but depending on which one of the versions is selected as the search version, the verse disappears in the other version.

Now that is a bug, I would think, and not a feature.

BR

Archived