Easy Install & Check for Updates & Strong's #

Ken Han

I can't tell you how much I love A9's Easy Install - no more writing down and keeping track of my license info!

But wouldn't it make sense to combine the 2 so that easy install and check for update is done in one place?

Also, when I check for updates it alerts me that I can upgrade my ESV 2.3 to ESVS 2.3 for $20. I'm fairly comfortable with Greek and Hebrew, and haven't come up with a scenario that would make Strong's number a real benefit to me. Is there a way to dismiss this upgrade option so it doesn't show up again? Alternately, have any Accordance users proficient in Greek and Hebrew incorporated Strong's number into their workflow?

We considered combining the two, but decided against it for now. Of course we can tweak the interfaces in the future (and probably will), but the primary reason we didn't combine them is that Check for Updates doesn't require an account. We didn't want to force people to create and use an AccordanceBible.com account to just get module updates, so for now we kept the features separate. We will definitely consider finding a good way to combine them in the future, as they are obviously similar in nature.

Regarding the paid upgrade to ESVS, there currently isn't a way to disable or remove updates, but recall that it doesn't even show up in your normal updates, but only in the nondownloadable area. Automatic checking for updates also won't be triggered by this type of an upgrade.

• 10 months later...

I can't tell you how much I love A9's Easy Install - no more writing down and keeping track of my license info!

But wouldn't it make sense to combine the 2 so that easy install and check for update is done in one place?

Also, when I check for updates it alerts me that I can upgrade my ESV 2.3 to ESVS 2.3 for $20. I'm fairly comfortable with Greek and Hebrew, and haven't come up with a scenario that would make Strong's number a real benefit to me. Is there a way to dismiss this upgrade option so it doesn't show up again? Alternately, have any Accordance users proficient in Greek and Hebrew incorporated Strong's number into their workflow?

I have also wondered if there was a way to quiesce the notifications of the availability of paid updates for those that I am not interested in. I was told there isn't. I will add a request for just this change to the forum and see if Accordance will add this capability as I find the notification annoying after a while.

Agree that it would be a desirable option to turn the paid portion off or on. :D

Archived