Accordance Ipad

mbcvida

I know Accordance is working on an ipad application. I have discovered that few ipad applications can be output to an external video source, such as a video projector or LCD screen. Will the current ipad app under development have this capability built in? My intent would be to use it to project it to a large screen. I know that Keynote app does this and also the video, but most other apps do not.

thank you.

This has not been planned for the initial release.

Scott.

My intent would be to use it to project it to a large screen.

I have an iPad using 3.2.1 iOS. It is jailbroken and I use a program called Display Out to mirror my iPad screen.

Tom

This has not been planned for the initial release.

Scott.

Assuming that "Scott" is one of the developers and know for sure what's planned... (his post listing says only "member" and he has only 48 posts, but he is from Orlando...). I'd say,

Oh no! :o Then I hope it's in release 2 very shortly thereafter. I've been planning to experiment using an iPad as a teaching platform in the classroom and without being able to display Accordance, that idea is dead in the water--and so, perhaps, is the funding for the iPad I've been promised to experiment.

I'm a bit surprised that this requires anything at all from the app; I would have assumed that video out would have been a system function as it in in any other OS and that simply plugging in a video connector would produce video output. I never suspected that would not be the case, so I'm glad someone asked first so I don't end up with egg all over my face when my proposal doesn't even begin to work. (Well, it would *begin* with Keynote, but the other half of the equation--shifting to Accordance--wouldn't work. And I don't even want to ask if "the other app" has video out... <_<

For whatever reason, iOS has video out on an app-by-app basis. In other words, there's no system-wide video out. Tom mentioned above jail breaking his iPad, and it's true that there is an app for jailbroken iPads that gives system wide video out, but I just don't care to jailbreak mine.

I'm pretty certain that NO Bible app for iOS currently has video out.

Archived