Installer Problems 9.04

Rich Shields

I had upgraded to 9.02 when it became available and everything worked well. I use it to share desktops when I teach our seminary internet class.

However, late this afternoon I opened in the final stages of prep for tonight's class and it wouldn't open (Edit error of some kind). Then I restarted the computer, and I could open it. So I can at least use it tonight!

But there were updates available, so I went through the program to update. But when double clicking the installer, it shows a little window "Authenticating installer" then disappears. The installer never launches. I have quit several background programs that have caused problems in the past (i.e. TextExpander), but that still doesn't help.

Well, I narrowed down the culprits to:

MenuCalendarClock iCal

Orbiter

EZ Notes X

Unfortunately I don't have time to go any further, but once I closed those three, the installer worked fine.

There is a known issue with SpellCatcher conflicting with the installers. Many people have reported success temporarily disabling that in order to run the installer. Hopefully you won't have any troubles in the future, but if you do, perhaps this will be helpful information.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a known issue with SpellCatcher conflicting with the installers.

As I suspected all along (see this thread back—in Jan '10: http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3893&st=0&p=15987&hl=spellcatcher&fromsearch=1entry15987), SpellCatcher is not the cause of this problem. It is a known bug that was in an older version of the installer.

See this thread:

http://www.rainmakerinc.com/forums/topic/2039-vice-x-installer-crash/page__pid__7372#entry7372

The problem has been fixed by the Vise developers and now requires the installer authors to use the latest version.

Can Accordance do this please?

Thanks,

Tom

Archived