Zone zoom

Alistair

I'd like to see a feature where you can click a button inside each zone and have that zone scale up to full screen, or to fill the worskspace.

And a second click or <esc> to restore it to the way it was before.

Be a great help when you have a lot of zones and tabs on a small screen.

Thanks!

Hello Alistair and Lorinda,

Interesting idea. I suggested the same thing to David Lang in a note on his blog post just the other day.

Best regards,

Ron

October 13, 2010 4:03 PM

Hello David,

I love the new zones feature. It has provided a definite enhancement to productivity for me. I can envision a button on each zone that would expand the zone to full screen (especially useful for zones like timeline and atlas) and then collapse the zone to its preset grouping (kind of like the green button for normal window behavior, only for zones). What do you think?

Best regards,

Ron

Hello Alistair and Lorinda,

Interesting idea. I suggested the same thing to David Lang in a note on his blog post just the other day.

Best regards,

Ron

[Chuckle]

I actually suggested this awhile back too! Perhaps you will have more influence than I did.;-)

I would agree that this would be very useful.

I'll add a very tangible reason: on my MBP 13 inch, there doesn't seem to be a good way to get my workspace to work with the graphs and statistics features. They are very small and are difficult to relocate given the screen size. Additionally, they won't let me move them to their own tab to use the whole screen space. Zoom seems like a great, simple way to solve this on a small screen.

I also would like to be able to have the zones zoom

"Zoom Zoom." (think Mazda Commerical)

My vote too.

Tom

MacBook Pro 13"

OS 10.6.4

I would like to add that i would like this ability to maintain full functionality of the specified zone, it should not be simply a visual gimmick to make the text bigger/fullscreen.

I want to be able to "do stuff" in that zoomed zone, (e.g. add panes, maybe even another zone), then return to the multizone view of the workspace.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Hi All- I'd simply like to add my vote to the many others who have requested a more robust full screen mode (zone specified). I've been using full screen mode in Devonthink, and Readability in Safari for a long time now and have found it to be one of my favorite features. Please continue to give it consideration. Thanks

Archived