basic questions

Ingo Sorke

1) How can I keep the Instant Details from disappearing when I move my mouse to the Instant Details box in order to copy the Lexicon Form of a Greek word? When I hold down the shift key the information stays until I get to the Instant Details box, then disappears! (The question was asked during the Dallas training by someone else but not answered).

2) How do I find all occurrences of LXX1 "Tade legei"? [Ta

For #2, search for "ταδε λεγει" Make sure to include the quotes, as that tells Accordance you are looking for a specific inflection. If you try it without quotes, Accordance won't recognize τάδε, because it is not the lemma, ὅδε is.

Lorinda

1) How can I keep the Instant Details from disappearing when I move my mouse to the Instant Details box in order to copy the Lexicon Form of a Greek word? When I hold down the shift key the information stays until I get to the Instant Details box, then disappears! (The question was asked during the Dallas training by someone else but not answered).

3) It sure would be convenient if I could type Gen 1 1 for a Bible text without having to type ":" - it would save two key movements for every new Bible text entered.

#1 Users can copy the info in the Instant Details box by holding down the shift key (which freezes the display), then clicking the "page" icon on the ID box header. All the info will be copied to your clipboard.

#2 A faster way to enter a reference is to use a period (".") instead of a colon (":"): 1.1. You can also enter just enough letters for the book to uniquely identify it. For Genesis, simply typing "ge" will do. The shortest way to enter "Genesis 1:1"? Simply type "ge 1.1".

#1 Users can copy the info in the Instant Details box by holding down the shift key (which freezes the display), then clicking the "page" icon on the ID box header. All the info will be copied to your clipboard.

#2 A faster way to enter a reference is to use a period (".") instead of a colon (":"): 1.1. You can also enter just enough letters for the book to uniquely identify it. For Genesis, simply typing "ge" will do. The shortest way to enter "Genesis 1:1"? Simply type "ge 1.1".

Dr. J, I think there is a bug with the instant details. I meant to post this before, but forgot. It used to be that when you held down the shift key with the instant details visible, you could move the cursor to the instant details window to move it, etc. But now when you hold down the shift key, the instant details window stays for a while, but just barely long enough to get to it to move it just a little. When I want to move it, I have to go through the process several times.

This is a known bug, that moving the instant details doesn't tell it to not fade again. We'll fix this as soon as possible. It may make 9.0.6, but no promises at this point.

Archived