Amplifying from words in original language texts

Sean R.

I recently noticed a change when attempting to amplify from a Hebrew or Greek word in an original language text. Previously (and this is still the behavior in English texts), I could simply click once on a word and then select a resource from the resource palette. Now, however, if I only click on a word once and then amplify, Accordance gives me the error message: There are no words to use in the selected text. If I click twice on the word to highlight the whole word, I have no trouble amplifying.

This isn't a big deal, but it does force me to include an extra click in my workflow. Is this a bug, or an intentional decision?

I'm using Accordance 9.0.6.

This behavior should be defined by the preference, but it isn't. My guess is that it is a minor bug.

This behavior should be defined by the preference, but it isn't. My guess is that it is a minor bug.

I confirm this behavior for Greek and Hebrew texts. It looks like the preference "Require selection before amplifying" is stuck "on" for those languages, no matter what the user chooses.

Until this bug is fixed, let me encourage users just to dbl-click [select] original words before amplifying.

Archived